1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Vehicle Recommendation

Discussion in 'General' started by Yzasserina, Oct 17, 2018.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

And why does BMW go with the outdated big sensor in the front where the other companies have found much better ways to hide them. VW put it inside the VW badge in the front. I'm sure there was enough space to hide it in the grilles

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

They aren't the only ones. That Jeep thing the wife drove had the same horrible sensor in the front.

3. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Honda Element :)

4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I just looked at CPO Audi Q7's (tdi only) on autotrader and there a ton with under 10k miles on them. Would I be crazy to get one of those? The Black S-Line Prestige edition makes my pants a lil tight... not too many SUVs can do that for me!

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

just know they are small inside. My buddy traded in his new body Q7 for a Atlas because of the space, and says there is nothing he misses about the Q7.

6. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

A TDI won't be a new body Q7, it will be the previous one (same platform my 2013 Touareg is based on). Nothing small about it unless you are talking about the 3rd row or are trying to haul 4x8 sheets of plywood.

BigBird likes this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

aren't ToeRags 2 rows? what's the point of that?

8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I don't need much space, it's just the wife, dog and I. I am primarily looking for a SUV that will pull a 6x12 v nose with 3 bikes easily, comfortably and quietly. My FJ cruiser has a range of about 150 miles with the trailer attached and it is pretty bare bones and a bit noisy inside. I am also in sales and do a bit of driving up to 6 hours in any direction (any more than that.. I fly). Sooooo I want a nice road trip car. That's why I keep leaning toward the Land Cruiser but these deals on Q7's got me thinking.

9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The point of it is (for me anyway) that I can park it in my garage, park it in almost any parking garage, get it around Alexandria and DC and it tows my 6x12 v-nose enclosed trailer easily. Only thing I might do differently is get the Cayenne so I can get the air suspension, but that can lead to long term maintenance issues, so the Treg TDI is really just right for me.

Apparently cpettit has similar needs. Watch the trailer tongue weight with 3 bikes in there. If you find a Q7 with the air suspension that will help on that front. Make sure you use a trailer brake controller.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That's what I'm looking at.

A shit ton of hauling space inside.

11. The

The Baddest Mofo in Town

So many good vehicles out these days. Just make sure you choose one that has a Duramax and six wheels and you’ll be set.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah