1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New supermoto bike

Discussion in 'General' started by WANABE RACER, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

Nope.
    Said they weren't available until Jan 14th

2. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

I got a UPS tracking number for delivery next Wednesday.

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

The dude called me a couple of days ago and said they were out of blue and said any color was cool - he said that they'd be shipping out that day.

4. G2G

G2G I feel the need

yep I got mine on Tuesday. I opened the big box it cam in and the 2 smaller boxes said made in China and right then in there I thought to myself oh boy here we go "chinese crap". Opened up both boxes and was surprised. Look well built and have some weight to them. Haven't used them yet but so I cannot say how well they work but the only thing that I don't like is they are not adjustable. My lazy broken ass hates lifting my supermoto onto them after a race or track session. The one I have now is nice because it slides right under my motard. Thats the only grip I have about it.

20191203_165809.jpg 20191203_170408.jpg 20191203_170146.jpg 20191203_170122.jpg

5. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

6. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Mine came today. Be sure to tighten the hardware up as it will slow down the release.
    Otherwise ok for the 50% off price tag.

7. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

I've had one for about a year that I use on my Sumo. It's a pretty solid unit. My only complaint would be that it is a little wobbly when it's extended up. Not terribly bad, but still some movement. 73528632_10162423575700109_423558821349163008_n.jpg

8. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Are any of you SuperMoto guys doing any flat track? I did one little local event this year on mine, using my 17" wheels with a flat track front and a rain rear. Handled like crap... Thinking of setting up a set of 19" wheels to try it again this year. Going to use the stock 19" x 2.15" rear wheel and lacing up the same rim on the front hub. Has anyone had any luck with this setup?

9. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I haven't tried my full size sumo, but did run my mini. Went from a bike that handled pavement like it was on rails to a machine that did NOT WANT to be pushed down into flat track corners. I suspect there is more geo changes than just 17's to 19's going on, and if you can make those changes you'll get 80% of the way there without actually buying new wheels.

10. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I haven't but would love to do it. Not sure how well my 47 year old broken body would handle it though. lol

E Reed likes this.
  11. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

I'm 48 and let me tell you, one afternoon of practice on a homemade field track with my left leg taking a bunch of abuse and I couldn't walk right for a week...
    Most of the 450's that I saw, had their rear ends dropped way down. The swing arm was almost flat. Eyeballing the front ends and the fork guards, they looked like 3-4 inch drop.

I've got my front end dropped 3" and the rear end roughly 2". The next step will be figuring out how to drop the rear end even more.

G2G likes this.
  12. Marcos415

Marcos415 Well-Known Member

Thanks to this thread I’ll most likely waste the rest of my day researching street legal sumo’s.

G2G likes this.
  13. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

Well I bit the bullet and bought a husky fs450!

MachineR1, noles19, G2G and 3 others like this.
  14. Marcos415

Those do not come with mirrors or lights right? I want one for street and track but we have strict laws here in Cali

15. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

No

Marcos415 likes this.
  16. G2G

G2G I feel the need

My FS is my race bike but I do go to the supermoto rallies at Deals gap and the surrounding areas. I have hooked up lights and a mirror to be semi street legal. I put a plate on from my street bike.

72618395_10162499137100327_4833756877265305600_o.jpg

RRP, WANABE RACER and Marcos415 like this.
  17. Marcos415

Hahaha that's so bad ass but these days I'm too much of a wuss to get caught. I drive a company vehicle so getting points on my license is a huge no no

G2G likes this.
  18. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Had to tell Matrix to Fuck Off ... sent two emails about order status , no response, I called today and they are saying delivery sometime next month . February ( maybe ) delivery for item ordered in November. F- Off . :mad:
    Ordered a DRC- HC2 off of Amazon.. if I like it I’ll order another one .

19. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Picking this up tomorrow morning...my first KTM

[​IMG]

SuddenBraking, Stumpy and cpettit like this.
  20. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

That's awesome!

rd400racer likes this.