1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New stupid - fire challange

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, Aug 21, 2018.

1. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

<Crabby Old Man Mode>

Back in my day people didn't make fun of dangerous stuff like fire.

bbfire.gif

</Crabby Old Man Mode>

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Nah...we all knew people that did stupid stuff. We even did stupid stuff. However, few records exist to prove it.

3. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

No, it’s got more of a fillet smell to it. Like a quality beef, for sure. Unless it’s someone like Oprah, then it’s more of a pork odór.

4. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I remember pouring a small amount of methylated spirits in the back of my hand and lighting it, it would normally burn off before your hand got hot.

5. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Anyone remember putting your finger through the flame on a candle? It is amazing how little heat there is near the base of a candle flame.

Disclaimers: Don't hold it there, just pass it through. I am not responsible if you are dumb enough to try this and get burned.

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Growing up, pinching out candles was the norm.

R Acree likes this.
  7. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I know I've told this once before but I loved burning that nylon, plastic type rope as a kid. It'd drop flaming magma drops off it that made an awesome "zip" sound. One time a drop landed right on my knuckle, I was either 10 or 11. Hurt quite a bit, but then I went to peel off the "plastic" drop and it took the skin right with it. The bone of my knuckle was quite visible. I still have the scar, quite noticeable when you look at it.

Potts N Pans and G 97 like this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh no, I wasn't that smart. Short version, gasoline on a hot motorcycle engine and maybe a spark, whooooosh. I did the moon walk, the worm and invented krunking.

Second time (yeap) tank split, dumped race fuel on a hot engine, saw what was happening and remembered the fun from the first time and got away with (relatively) minor burns.

9. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I remember the outrage at Beavis and Butthead over Beavis screaming "Fire!" a lot, and the resulting episode with them working at a fast food joint so we could hear Beavis screaming "FRier, FRier!"

10. condon66

condon66 Member well known

That was one of the things my brothers and my mini army men were exposed to. BB and pellet guns too.

panthercity and R Acree like this.
  11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

and REAL M-80s and Cherry Bombs, not the emasculated things they sell these days.

Potts N Pans and panthercity like this.
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It's really a shitty prospect. In the olden days a good majority of the idiots walking the Earth today would not have ever even been born. Marriage and parenting for everyone is only a somewhat recent phenomena. Couple that with a much more abundant food supply and more advanced healthcare and you have shit tons of less than fit people (physically, mentally, etc) making up so much of the population.

At least it makes for good internet memes and Youtube footage I suppose...

[​IMG]

badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I remember when our chemistry teacher told us acetone would just burn itself out...more than one person was squirted and set on fire that day.

14. condon66

We blew more shit up than even I can remember. And the tin can cannons and lighter fluid....we had that shit down to a science.

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Do you remember bangsite cannons?

16. condon66

I think my oldest brother had one but I was very young and as I started my pyro stage in life don't recall messing with it or it even being around anymore. My mom probably got rid of it lol!! I remember her not wanting a Black Sabbath album brought into the house so I had to hide it and only play it on the down-low.

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Have you ever heard of "long pig"?

panthercity likes this.
  18. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

We still have an original working one that was my fathers when he was a kid. The powder is still available.

Edit - looks like you can still buy them: https://www.bigbangcannons.com/

19. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

But was it intentional?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They are a good bit more spendy than they were in the 60s