1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Racer Questions

Discussion in 'Tech' started by slow honda, Feb 5, 2007.

1. slow honda

slow honda Well-Known Member

I’ve read through the rule book and done several searches and just want to make sure I have this correct before driving 8 hours for the Rider School and my first race at VIR in March. I’ve done multiple track times and can hold a decent pace, but definitely not looking to win any races.

The rider school is in the morning and is primarily class room and has 2 led sessions on the track. There is a written test at the end and a mock race. As long as you pass the test and don’t crash you get a PN license to compete. In two separate weekends you compete and don’t crash you get the official Novice License.

I ride an 05 Honda 600RR with the following mods:
    Sharkskinz, woodcraft clip-ons, Penske valving and shock, Full safety wire (I think I got them all)
    HRC throttle with RC-51 kill switch
    a cut down rear subframe due to a crash which bent it. It is cut after the riders seat mount.

So here’s my questions:
    Is the novice license an additional fee over the PN license? Is that the correct format for the school? Does the school ever fill up and if so can you pre-register?

Can I enter superstock with this bike? If not what specifically prevents me from entering? Looks like the subframe and Throttle may need to be replaced. If not legal can I still grid up and ride and not accept any points?

It also looks like I can race up a class and run the 750 races, but can I also race the 1000 as well? I basically only want to do 2 races my first time out (C superstock and C superbike) just to get a feel for the race experience, but was curious as to which events are possible.

I'm sorry if this has been covered before, I'm just trying to make sure I'm adequately prepared. Any help is appreciated.

2. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

no additional fee. PN just means that you have to get those 2 weekends complete, then youre novice license will be issued.

Due to you cutting down the rear subframe, changing the throttle, youre bike is no long eligible for any of the superstock classes, you'll (per the rulebook) have to run superbike classes.

You can race up, in the 750 and 1000 classes.

I believe you can pre-register, but ive never seen the riders school fill up.

3. slow honda

slow honda Well-Known Member

Thanks for the answers. I guess I'll be digging out the good subframe and looking for a new throttle tube.