1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Hobbie for us cripples

Discussion in 'General' started by Scuba Steve, May 20, 2008.

1. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

Well most of you know about my injury and that I play wheelchair rugby now. For those who dont i'm a C5-6 Quadrapelegic from a crash 3 yrs ago.This past weekend I tried water sking again and man did it feel good! Been awhile since I did it. They start you off with a skier on each side to help you get on plane then your on your own till you come in then the skiers grab you again. I was catching a lil air on the waves also! Now i'm searching for a used ski to pull behind our boat! New they're $2000. You gotta try sking MarkB!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

that's pretty damn cool.

3. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

sweet deal steve

4. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

Cool as hell.

5. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Screw that whole 'hobby for cripples' thing...that looks like a damn blast for anyone! Awesome.

6. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

$50 to the AFF for pics of dDT trying that;)

7. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Congrats, man. Re-grouping always gains the most man points. :clap:

8. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

i think mark actually did it last weekend. along w/ scuba diving and a couple other things. he was telling me the same thing about how much fun skiing was. congrats!:up:

9. Scuba Steve

Thanks Skip. I have done diving also. Actually skydiving in june for my birthday!:D

10. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Do they life vests that size?

11. Six3SixGal

Six3SixGal Official WERA Cat Lady

Very Cool

12. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Awesome Steve!!

Any pictures from the wheelchair rugby matches???? I'll bet those rucks and mauls get pretty nasty.

13. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

That's awesome!

14. That is awesome.

15. Scuba Steve

I'll look for pics. I have a few videos of big hits that knock us over

16. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

I think they will need a bigger boat to pull that size load :D

17. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

How fun!! Kudos to you and Mark for living an active lifestyle....more active than most "healthy" adults.

18. 999

999 Well-Known Member

That's cool Steve. I appreciate the picture of you.
    I've never met you or seen a picture of you before, but remmber you well from the JGP board. Nice to put a face with the posts.

19. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Damn cool! :up:

20. bkeros

bkeros Well-Known Member

Damn Cool

That is pretty damn cool! I've thought, as I'm sure most others on this board have, if something like that were to happen to me because of this sport...what would I do? Nothing but sit there and feel sorry for myself? Give up an active lifestyle? Clearly this is not the case! Skydiving, scuba diving, wakeboarding, etc...hell, like someone else said...that's more than some if not most completely ambulatory folks can manage!

Congrats, dood!