1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Hayabusa coming?

Discussion in 'General' started by IrocRob, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Saw it today, then...

[​IMG]
    Woodstock thinks the same thing

Newyork likes this.
  2. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

Still gonna be the king.If it's not fast enough stock,put a turbo on it and done........for still less than the boutique bikes.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  3. Personally, I think Suzuki did a good job with the styling.

If someone has always hated the looks of the Busa, they will probably still hate it. But those people likely werent in the market to buy one anyway.

Suzuki probably did enough to satisfy the people who have wanted a more updated look, without straying too far from the classis Busa lines to discourage the people who liked it the way it was. When something is as iconic as the Busa, it is hard to update it enough to make it "new", without pissing off the die-hard enthusiasts. I think Suzuki toed that line very well.

Ra.Ge. Raptor and gixxerboy55 like this.
  4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Well as long as you like it

5. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

You can tell it's a Hayabusa from 100 miles away.
    The two wheeled 911.

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. loser

loser Well-Known Member

Drink
    More
    Ovaltine

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Be Sure To....

8. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

Terrible. Busa owners should be mad at the disservice Suzuki just did to a 13yo bike.

It’s like Fords mustang 2 all over again

TurboBlew likes this.
  9. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I’d still rather have the Suzuki in my garage; the H2R is dreadful looking AND sounding.

NemesisR6 and ShadowBoxer like this.
  10. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

Reminds me of Ape with the RSV4....

11. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

They needed to ditch the Shiver, create a Futura V4 and new RSV4/Tuono, to go along with the 660 lineup. That would’ve given them a completely revamped lineup of 6 bikes, to capture all the headlines and buyer attention. Right now, they just don’t offer a compelling enough reason for buyers to walk through the door or to be an Aprilia dealer.

nd4spd likes this.
  12. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure that the v4 factory 1100 tuono fits your request?

13. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

You mean to drive 400miles, park, then walk through the door of an Aprilia dealer.

I think the new Busa looks good, but it’s exactly the same drivetrain as the old one - so what’s the point?

If the new Panigale R kept the same chassis, made 7less hp with the same engine people would be burning stuff down. I really either we wanted to see a big bump in power, forced induction, increased cylinder count or mass reduction or all 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

That sounds nice,but they sell very few Busas and that would up the price, so they would sell even less

15. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

How so? It’s essentially the same as it’s predecessor.

Exactly my point: They’re not compelling enough for dealers to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars in a franchise. And, they’re not compelling enough to get you to drive 400mi to buy one.

Apparently, you didn’t ingest the bullshit Suzuki was spewing, about all the changes they made to the drivetrain to LOSE performance.:D

16. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

V4 Futura....That sounds amazing. Guy at local salvage yard had one. It was damn good looking in person. But damn man, Tuono, RSV4, RS660 in 3 flavors, and lets not forget the SR50.

Funny Busa story from same salvage yard. They were getting so many busas through there, they wanted to be able to make quick measurements to tell if the frame was bent or not. Got the measurements from a shop. Something like headstock to swingarm pivot. Every single one was bent like a banana at least 1/4". Either too many whoolies, too heavy a load, or both.

ducnut likes this.