1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New gun bill may trigger next US revolution?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by thrak410, Dec 31, 2012.

1. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Dude who wrote that is insane.
    Yeah, a shit pile of geographically scattered Mall Ninjas armed w/ AR15's are gonna go off the grid, and take on the US Military :crackup:

2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I know quite a few retired Marines that would probably object to you referring to them as Mall Ninjas...

3. SpeedyE

My dad is ex-Marine brass....he is still insane ;) Some how I was drafted into the 'Young Marines' as a child....They were all insane too :eek::eek::eek: :D

I didn't read the nutcase's bio who wrote that article, and I didn't spend a lot of time reading it all....as I got the jist of it pretty quick. Yeah, ex-military know their sh*t (and ain't mall ninjas....I was referring to all the civilian Mall Ninjas who are yapping about taking on the US Military).... But so does current military armed w/ the highest-tech killing machines/tools on the planet.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

It was my understanding once a Marine, always a Marine.

5. SpeedyE

Got that right .... he still got a subscription to Leatherneck Magazine :up::up::up::up::up:

6. csm800

csm800 Well-Known Member

Yeah - I saw that too - doesn't pass the smell test.
    Ex-Marines are Lee Harvey Oswald types
    Anyone honorably discharged is a former Marine, and being around Marine brass you would think he would know that.

Part of the argument is that the military is loyal to the political party of the moment, but it might fracture. Typically the military votes 3:1 or 4:1 for republicans/conservatives. Who wins the power grab, who gets the weapons?
    Who becomes the first enlisted man to shoot another American just because it is 'orders'? That act will cause 'Merica to riot.

7. SpeedyE

I do know that.
    Check out the latest article in Leatherneck, Three 2nd Marines using a wall as cover in Lebanon (late 50's). How would I know that w/in seconds of your post? Because my dad showed it to me 2 days ago, proudly saying that pick was of his fellow Marines/friends he was there with.
    ;)

If you think I would ever intentionally disrespect the Marines, you are seriously wrong. I hold them in the highest regard.

8. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I don't think any of this will happen quickly. No police will show up at your door asking for your guns. IF a bill like this were to pass, I can see the laws being used to "tack on" charges against someone doing less minor crimes. Eventually, a long ways down the road, the seizures will come. That's the way I see it. Now, IF seizures were to start within a few years, then yes, shit would go sour quickly and the scenario the writer talked about could be VERY real.

I've already made up my mind that I will be one of the ones that die, if given the chance, to get to my "black guns". I pray to God it never comes to that. It will only take a few raids before the public catches on. The shooters will be painted as terrorists at first, mental cases, etc. I think that can only last so long. Especially if someone is smart enough to "youtube" their encounter, letting America know they're about to die for their freedoms. I think it's a sad state that we even have to "think" about these things. America is falling apart. :(

My rational thought agrees that as soon as any of these laws were to pass, the legal challenges would be massive and immediate. Gun laws are becoming less restrictive all over the US. That means state gov'ts should be much more willing to fight federal legislation like this. Now, when you have truly, insanely stupid local gov'ts like those in Cali, NY and IL... the sky is the limit. There are just so many sides to this. Saying any one scenario is just "crazy" is overlooking history. A couple of weeks ago I couldn't have imagined someone could walk into an elementary school to kill children. :(

Ok, off my soapbox.

9. caferace

caferace No.

I suspect it will be the Marine that is shot at first.

-jim

10. caferace

caferace No.

See, I just don't get this.

You'd rather be dead than give up what is essentially, a tool much like the ones in the garage toolbox.

That's where I lose my ability to even remotely understand the RWN's.

-jim

11. csm800

csm800 Well-Known Member

Wow- you have a magazine subscription. How nice - better homes and gardens too?

Boot 2026 F Company 2nd Battalion
    MCCES 29 Palms, MOS 2841
    3rd AABn, 1st MarDiv

You are a poser

12. SpeedyE

Marine or not....piss up a rope

13. csm800

csm800 Well-Known Member

Someone is all butt hurt. TFB

14. SpeedyE

That's where I am at too. It's not even a tool for me, just a toy.

I do see what the others are saying though, you are not fighting for your guns....you are fighting for losing your rights, which could lead to anything....so it goes far past the point of a person personal guns.

I just think that assuming that military wannabe's armed w/ AR's are going to stop the US Military and LE, is a little over the top.

15. SpeedyE

Yeah, right. You assume a guy who publicly cares zilch about anything military related has a subscription to Leatherneck? Yeah, you are quite the Einstein ;) :clap:

Great that you served, and thanks for pissing on my father's service. Like I said, piss up a rope :)

16. SpeedyE

What am I posing as? Anti Marine? Anti gun? Posing as what?

17. csm800

csm800 Well-Known Member

Suddenly this is about your father?

You have daddy issues.

18. SpeedyE

:D

All this because I said "ex-Marine"?
    You remind me of the anal OCD clowns who get sour when people say clip instead of magazine. Grow up.

Anyway, you are wasting precious time arguing w/ me over semantics....we need to get the National Militia together. Get the email/customer list from Spike's tactical and alert all of them, I'll get my ouija board out and try and get hold of Patrick Swayze.
    Time is a wasting....

19. SpeedyE

I love the Dungeon :clap::clap::clap: :)

20. csm800

csm800 Well-Known Member

I am arguing with a retard.
    Time for you to get on the little bus and go to school.