1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Found Respect, Re: Bostroms

Discussion in 'General' started by Fabri-Tech Designs, Feb 22, 2003.

1. Fabri-Tech Designs

Fabri-Tech Designs Well-Known Member

Last weekend I was at the Indianapolis Dealer Show. One of the highlights for me was meeting and talking with the brothers Bostrom. Both Eric and Ben were more than willing, and actually seemed to enjoy conversing with total strangers. Ben was telling us all about how different it was to jump on the RC51 while it was still set up for Nicky, and how their riding styles are completely different.
    It was just a really cool experience, and I was highly impressed with both of their personalities. And after seeing how personable and approachable they both were, it makes me look forward to the AMA season getting started even more than I already was.

Now, who am I gonna' root for? (after Yates and Mladin, of course...):D

2. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I "met" Ben at a motorcycle show while he was Champion. He'd chat with you almost like he knew you. Seemed like a super-nice guy.

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

It was just a really cool experience, and I was highly impressed with both of their personalities. And after seeing how personable and approachable they both were, it makes me look forward to the AMA season getting started even more than I already was.

Now, who am I gonna' root for? (after Yates and Mladin, of course...):D [/B][/QUOTE]
    I have been rooting for them for years.You can tell a lot about people just by interviews on tv.Both a totally cool.

4. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Bruce introduced Eric and I last year at the VIR round. Super nice, and very accomodating. It certainly gave me a lot more respect for Eric- I already knew he was a great racer, but such a nice personality makes a huge difference. :)

5. Hi-Side

Hi-Side Well-Known Member

Conversely, Mladin was a complete prick. The Bostroms were great and Colin was probably one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

6. wera176

Did you read Hopper's latest in this past month of RRW? Pretty funny stuff going between him, McCoy and Mladin at testing...

Seems that there are others besides some BBS crybabies that are jealous of Hopper's success! ;) Well, I'm jealous too! :D

7. stuman

stuman Well-Known Member

I met Edwards at the Long Beach motorcycle show. He was a really nice guy even after he had been standaing in the Aprilia booth signing stuff for a few hours.

Hoppers comments about Mladin seem to be in line with what everyone else sayes about him. I've never met Mladin and don't think I care to.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Was a nice enough guy to me, but I wasn't bugging him at the track. From what I've heard, Mat is at the track for one reason, to win. Nothing else matters and nothing gets in the way of doing it. Doesn't make him a lot of friends, but Suzuki is paying him to win.
    I cheer for Mladin for that reason, he doesn't care about anything but winning. Aces in my book.

9. SOFG

SOFG Well-Known Member

Few years ago I stood in the Honda club observation tent at road Atl. with the younger Bostrom while the older was racing the suberbike race. He and Miguel and Gobert came around the last turn side by side and pushed Ben off the track. I said, Eric, your brother just crashed, as he slid by us. He said where, I said right there! as he slid nearly all the way down the front straight! Pretty funny after we found out everybody was ok. He took off like a shot to check on his bro. Both great guys.

Spoke with Chandler one day at Laguna, he and Miguel were testing tires right after the track had been repaved. I said how is the track and he starts telling me where it's better and where it's worse like I knew what the hell he was talking about! Also cool guy.

10. wera176

The comments that Hopper claims Mladin made to him and McCoy weren't at the track. However, unlike the popular movement around here, I do respect Mladin for what he has accomplished and have cheered for him as well.