1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New for Summit Point.. concrete walls!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Rain Director, Mar 24, 2002.

1. flagboy

flagboy Well-Known Member

George,
    Let me know if you and Dan need help setting up. I might be able to get out early on Friday.
    Can Al & I have our own module to hide behind? [​IMG]

2. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Maybe we can get Dan to lend Al a Defender module to stand on. That way you'll both be about the same height. [​IMG]

Oh, and we might be looking at another location for Area 51 this weekend. Dan's rig is about half as big as Bemisderfer's. I'm thinking about the area to the right of the new building on the other side of the Tower Road/Wilcox Alley intersection

------------------
    George Mood
    THE Rain Director

3. Dan Lance

Dan Lance Well-Known Member

Hi guys,
    Left Fontana yesterday, in Oakland today to do emails and laundry,some paperwork,. etc. Tommorrow I go to Sears Point to repair 2 modules that need big fixes cause of melt damage. Then to Denver for installation/ service instruction for club who bought modules.
    Next stop will then be SP. I was told we can't start set up til after 5:00 pm on the 19th. Everyone bring flashlights, lol.
    We will need as much help as you guys can find to make this installation complete (and to Alpina's professional standards)in time for next days start. I am also in touch with the PA POSSE guys who are experienced in everything having to do with this safety. They have worked with me in the past and will let me know if they can come to help.
    This should put minds at ease about this race's safety setup and now everyone can concentrate of your race efforts and enjoy the increased confidence you will have in being able to concentrate on the race line and not worry about the concrete being your major focus.
    Best to all,
    Dan

4. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

I live just shy of an hour from Summit. I should be able to get there early enough Friday night to help set up.

5. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I can come out and help if needed.
    I can't make it till 6-6:30 if that's ok...
    I can hold a flashlight [​IMG]

6. RacerGirl435

RacerGirl435 Guest

Dan,
    We (Team Frost Racing) probably won't get to SP until the wee hours of the morning, but if there is still setup needing to be done, I will glady volunteer myself to help.

George,
    I will give you whatever fundage I can muster. Will you take a check? [​IMG]

Is the PA Posse part of Team Extreme or vice versa? I was wondering because I saw a group in a black Chevy Silverado that said "PA Posse" on the truck bed cover.

Jess

7. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Dan Lance-

Access to the paddock at Summit Point is traditionally 5:30 Pm on Friday. I'll talk with the Office about getting inside sooner.

Everyone-

Installation is not rocket science, but there is a system that works. Follow Dan's advice and it will go faster than any shorcut you may think of. We'll need about 10 people for set up.

Dan Thomas-

Dan Lance has a 30 foot mtor home and tows a trailer (15ft?) Let's leave him some room.

------------------
    George Mood
    THE Rain Director

8. Dan Lance

Dan Lance Well-Known Member

31 ft motor home with 20 ft trailer. I traditionally go to the office and ask for early entry as it takes some time to ready equipment. They were real cooperative when I was there in the fall. We'll see.
    Wake me up if it looks like I am parked outside the gates and sleeping.

9. flagboy

flagboy Well-Known Member

No problem George. We'll sqeeze him in somehow! [​IMG]

Dan, it'll be good to see you again.