1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Brough Superiors

Discussion in 'General' started by fastedyamaha, Mar 25, 2024.

1. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

"renowned" and maker of the "1st super bikes" does not compute when a guy who has been into bikes for 40+ years, raced them, rode them, watched races, etc and has heard of a bunch of boutique US, UK and even some other foreign makes, has never heard a F(*^%&ing thing about this brand

You go Glen Coco, Marketing Guy!!!

ToofPic likes this.
  3. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

You’ve never heard of the original brand? The original bike was unreal for the times, ridiculously rare and super expensive nowadays.

4. Paddy O

Paddy O Well-Known Member

T.E Lawrence (Lawrence of Arabia) was famous for riding them and crashing on them. The last of seven he bought, killed him. Fastest bike you could get in 1935, and very expensive back then.

5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

The originals are every bit the awesome they claim.

6. ChemGuy

So rare I never heard of em....

Plus being UK built I imagine they were broke more than they worked, like a Jag.

7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

You, sir, are quite simply a cave dwelling troglodyte.

8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

All that money for all that ugly.

ToofPic likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Broome, you back?

5axis, CBRRRRR999, stk0308 and 2 others like this.
  10. ChemGuy

OK.

So now I had to look them up. Pfft. They were JAP and Matchless bikes. Yeah I said it. The guy built frames and suspensions and stuck JAP and Matchless engines in them and erryones acting like he was the 1920's John Britten or Ichiro Honda. Dude was more like Eric Buell or Bimota. Now I'm even less impressed.

Britt likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It wasn't commentary on the quality of the bikes. I wouldn't know one if you pushed it into my living room. I was commenting on you never having heard of the brand. Some Broome-level shit.

R Acree, CBRRRRR999, stk0308 and 3 others like this.
  12. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

The number of motorcycle manufacturers who followed that same strategy, are simply innumerable. Many well known, and well regarded brands. Ever hear of Aprilia? Yeah, I've got 2 of them, both with Rotax engines.

5axis, CBRRRRR999 and PatricksDad like this.
  13. ChemGuy

I disagree on your assessment. Broome level shit would be never hearing of Matchless, AJS, Norton, Triumph (old, not new stuff), Merkel, Excelsior, Crocker, Thor (not the RV people), Pope, Puch, Sachs, Laverda, Lambretta, Gilera, Italijet, Piaggio, Ural, Bultaco, Montessa, Ariel, Enfield, Sunbeam, Vincent, BSA, etc....

But missing a pre war english guy who basically stuffed JAP and Matchless engines into nice chassis' at the rate of maybe 150 per year....yeah. Sorry never heard of you mate. Hell I'd never heard of Rimac until Richard Hammond shunted one of their @Gorilla George 's favorite's....electric supercars on top gear either.

Oh well. I guess I have to go pet random dogs this week and buy all the water at the local meth-billy speedway.

pickled egg likes this.
  14. ChemGuy

Yes. How many WSBK entries did Brough-ham superior have last year? the last decade? How about moto gp entries? And I am sure Rotax just says right mate...here's our catalog. Take your pick.

Ok. We want this one. Can we have 150? But can we get them in red cases in stead of black?

Nope sorry mate. Only what's in the catalog. No special orders. Not even if you buy 10,000....:rolleyes:

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Apples and oranges. They were still years away from delivering the first production car to a customer.

16. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Richard who?

ChemGuy likes this.
  17. ChemGuy

This guy. Lead singer of Stillwater. Great rock band.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
    CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  18. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

BTW, you do realize that quite a few of the marques you just listed, have all built bikes with other manufacturers engines, right?

stk0308 likes this.
  19. ChemGuy

Yep. You dont have to build your own motor. Its nice, but not needed.

Like i said...ya'll was like how have you not ever heard of these...well they built maybe 3,000 of them, in a country I dont live in and quit building them 80 years ago. Not really my era, country or style of bike either.

Guy wasnt John Britten or Honda on the motors or I would probably know who he was. He made a nice chassis and stuffed a Matchless engine in it. They are a pretty bike. But the list of bike makers like that I probably have never heard of is a lot longer than the list I know. Meh. No skin of my nose.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, you could've fooled me! :D

stk0308 and Banditracer like this.