1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netflix. What to watch?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Mar 30, 2017.

1. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Travelers wasn't too bad.

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Upon recomendations here I just watched The Boys.
    Really bizzare but entertaining for sure. Thanks.

3. joec

joec brace yourself

Looks really small. I have an r5 in the shop and I just feel like it's smaller than the r5

turner38 likes this.
  4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I watched every episode and thought some parts were awesome, but I'm still on the fence about my overall appreciation. It's effing weird.

5. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Killing Eve on BBC is a great show I just finished, well, finished Season 3 anyways...not sure if there's more seasons in the books.

Found it after watching Fleabag which is also a killer show - it has the same writer/producer.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Really? I enjoyed the first season. By the end of the second one, I didn't want to see more.

7. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Indianhorse. tough to watch, trueish story. know that this went on in the indigenous peoples lives in Canada up until 1996 or so. shows how mean we are as a culture. Ski

8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Just watched "Atomic Blonde" again.
    Charlize Theron (hot version) & 1989 Berlin.
    Very gritty, well acted, filmed & shot.
    IMO, great soundtrack too.

Jed likes this.
  9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Intrigued. Tough in what way?

10. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

how cruel the society was for removing children from parents, or removing from foster, or orphanage, and placing them in a "religious church" with lots of corporal punishment, to "break them" and remove all of their heritage to "become, productive members of society", leaving their history, even language behind... or else.

do a search on Orange Shirt Day. many children lost their lives in these settings. then add in sexual abuse etc... and you get the picture.

the movie is based around a religious school, and hockey. parts of it are great, and "feel good", parts are downright disturbing, as to what was done to these children. as bad or worse than slavery, and again...

went on UP UNTIL 1996, or so. cant even fathom that!
    Ski

stk0308 and Yzasserina like this.
  11. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I watched “The Nice Guys” on Hulu the other night. It was pretty good. A couple of lines stood out;

“Marriage is buying a house for someone you hate”

“So I told him, okay, I’ll do it, but you gotta stop eating asparagus”.

12. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I watched just for Jodie Comer :D

younglion likes this.
  13. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Watching Brave New World on Peacock. Lots of spectacular boobies and pretty intriguing plot. Impressive since it was written in '32 I think.

bleacht likes this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Partly why I could get to the end of season two.

15. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

MOTHERFUCKING GODLESS. Omg.!!!

16. Turbotech

Turbotech Well-Known Member

Just put that on the list..Trailer looks really good. Missed it when it was new.

17. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

We really enjoyed The Sound of Metal on Prime. Story of a drummer who loses his hearing. Lead actor was fantastic.

L8RSK8R likes this.
  18. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Not sure its worth yelling about unless episode 2 gets better. A bit slow. I get they need to build the storyline but...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

19. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I watched the first 2 episodes and got roped in to the point I paid for the subscription to keep going.

20. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Riz Ahmed was brilliant in Sound of Metal. Spent 3 hours a day over 7 months learning sign language.
    T'was cool how movie is subtitled for the deaf yet during ASL scenes there were no subtitles.
    He's another movie coming out called Invasion, alongside Octavia Spencer.

Gonna checkout India horse.

bwhip likes this.