1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netflix. What to watch?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Mar 30, 2017.

1. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Just watched this. It absolutely astonished me how incompetent the regulators were (and probably still are).
    And the culpability of JP Morgan Chase

Boman Forklift likes this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

do we really expect relatively low paid workers, who are probably not all Ivy league trained, to really fight against the big machine?

3. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

Maybe mentioned earlier, but I really liked Catch 22 on Hulu. Depressing of course but really well done and sometimes funny. The B-25’s look great.

Robin172 likes this.
  4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I agree. I couldn’t get over how they had him at their fingertips, and then did nothing for what, another 20 years or so? It’s been awhile since I watched, but it was a long time that Madoff kept screwing people with no recourse.

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I wonder how much Ivy League matters? My son didn’t go to an Ivy League, probably couldn’t have made it in, and I definitely couldn’t have afforded it. Anyway he lucked out and worked hard to make his way to Manhattan, where he dreamed of working.

About a year ago his boss sent him on a sales call to go handle something with a more senior guy that was around 32-35 and Ty was 27, so the other guy had a lot more experience versus Tyler.

Tyler looked him up on linked in and saw the guy was an Ivy League grad and was previously a banker at JP Morgan. Whereas Ty went to TCU and previously was a banker at Wells Fargo. This guy was now running the acquisitions/selling for this insurance company. So Ty was understandably a little nervous or intimidated.

Anyway after about 10-15 minutes, Tyler realized he knew more than this guy on whatever they were talking about. He was surprised an Ivy League guy with all the credentials and more experience, wasn’t a lot smarter than him?

But he did say he works with some super smart Ivy League guys, but they just can’t do a good job speaking with the clients.

6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

My brother went to an ivy league law school.
    The real difference with ivy league is the instant "brotherhood" with connections everywhere.
    They aren't necessarily "better" than other schools, it's all in the connections and politics.

Rebel635, Phl218, shakazulu12 and 3 others like this.
  7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Just finished Painkiller on Netflx. Already kinda knew the story but this reinforced what pieces of shit the Sackler family was, especially Richard.

Rebel635 and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  8. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Ya that was one intense , really hit home .

Just finished godless which I liked and the 3rd installment of lupin was enjoyable

Phl218 likes this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

I was just saying most people who end up in government work aren't usually the best of the best. The really good ones are already wealthy and looking to give back (a tiny % of workers). and most are the others are usually mediocre and really are just counting down their time to retire, and that's from the day they start. Going against the banks and stuff like is impossible, because that tiny percent that is looking to give back, usually has friends from where they came from, and will not try to mess with them.

it's really a slippery slope, and well most government workers are also risk averse, so there's that and why everything costs so much contract wise. put all the risk on the vendor, and that costs even more than sharing risk.

brex and Boman Forklift like this.
  10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You should be really unimpressed with how Sam Bankman-Fried is being handled.
    He's a thousand times worse than Madoff ever thought of being and he's walking
    around free. Of course, he donated billions to politicians so he's protected.

11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The lawyers involved in going after the Sacklers are
    far bigger pieces of shit than the Sacklers. I belong
    to chronic pain support groups where people regularly
    commit suicide because they can no longer get the pain
    relief they need thanks to the work of those lawyers.
    And those lawyers have become immensely wealthy
    because of their work. You only got half the story.

Opioid prescriptions have been cut by around two-thirds
    and yet deaths from opioid use have skyrocketed. That's
    because it wasn't prescriptions that caused most of the
    problems. I take oxycodone and am treated like a criminal
    by the medical profession thanks to the work of those
    now-rich lawyers. Imagine if they took away your right to
    drive because some other people drove drunk.

I am dependent on opioids but I am not addicted and they
    allow me to live a more normal life. Drug addicts love to
    blame their addictions on the time some doctor gave them
    a prescription for a back injury, but that's just an excuse
    for them misusing the drug. Most of them will take anything
    that gets them fucked up and addicts always blame someone
    else for their problems caused by their own actions. It's no
    different than some people being able to drink responsibly
    while others can't control their drinking and cause pain for
    themselves and their families and loved ones.

Opioids are a Godsend for those who need them to function.
    I could post some informative links but the powers that be
    might object, although they aren't political, just big business
    making money off people with crippling medical conditions.

deweytheduc likes this.
  13. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Have you tried cannabis? It's a game changer for me.

14. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Imma have to disagree with you there Chuck.....there are far better options than oxycodone out there but insurance prevents providers from being able to easily prescribe and the doctors and their staff are to over worked to make the effort to change. Instead, they'd just rather keep upping your dose of Oxy to unhealthy levels because it's easy and you're just 1 of 60 they see today.

15. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Reptile. It’s good.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  16. BigBird

BigBird blah

Finished Sex Education, it was not as good as the other seasons, but rarely do final seasons end well

younglion and bleacht like this.
  17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Isn't it the general consensus that most lawyers are pieces of shit ?

GarrettRick likes this.
  18. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

They really pushed the LGB whatever in your face. Was not impressed at all with this season.

BigBird likes this.
  19. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Bad Sport. A series about people rigging games and other sporting events. It’s good.
    The one about auto racer Randy Lanier is called “The Need for Weed” :crackup:

20. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I liked that one. So crazy!

sharkattack likes this.