1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nerve Gas??? A WMD???

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lever, May 17, 2004.

1. ysr612

ysr612 Well-Known Member

do you know how big a huge stockpile of nerve gas is??? It took four rounds to wipe out a Kurd village. Now there was a mild far less toxic gas (MIC) the Union Carbide had escape in Bhopal. use that as a reference

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I think he was seriously misled (by the past actions of the US and UN and by the weight of world opinion against military action) into believing he would never be attacked.
    And certainly, as you state, his past actions indicate a less than rational thought process. In that vein, maybe he did think he could win against America. Since he is still alive, maybe he will enlighten us all.

As far as his not using any WMD during the actual conflict, it is likely that they were moved or hidden in such a way that he did not have access to them.

3. jwb

jwb but... I AM NAPOLEAN!!!!

well, maybe the one round that we found was all he had then.

perfectly good reason to invade a country...

4. jwb

hey, are you still waiting?

let me know...

5. Of course not! I already knew you didn't have any good answers. :)

6. Seems to me there are way too many people who have some vague notion that there should be a C5A hanger-sized building somewhere housing Saddams Chem/Bio weapons, and that close by should be a Ford Motor Company-sized factory that produced them.

Oh, and that the US should have an X-marks-the-spot treasure map leading us to all of this. :rolleyes:

7. jwb

no good answers to silly quesions...

of course i can not give you "exact locations. down to the foot." i am a guy behind a computer screen. :rolleyes:

and your whole "i'm waiting" crap, it reminds me of a little child stomping his feet, or a woman, or maybe that napoleon in the bugs bunny cartoons throwing a fit.

why are you not demanding your goverment to be able to find these wmd's? why are they not able to "point them out. identify their locations, please. exact locations. down to the foot"?

before the war, they did not say they had narrowed the search down to a region the size of texas; therefore, i think it is stupid to say crap like that now.

they sold us a bill of goods. they implied that they in fact knew he had these weapons and in fact knew where they were. whether this was true or not does not make a bit of difference, that is what they led us (the american public and whoever else watches cnn) to believe.

i believe that if we new where they were then we could have kept tabs on them a little bit better.

and yes, people do in fact live far, far away from other people.
    there are indeginous (sp) tribes that live deep within jungles, we put outposts in the middle of deserts, we have an outpost in the freakin' south pole.
    is it so hard to imagine that one could live for an extended period of time out in the middle of a desert, even 30 ft. underground?

i believe the vietnamese built extensive tunnels all through their country. yes, tunnels underground, where they kept a steady supply of food and water and probably even air!

how far underground are the caves in afghanistan that people are hiding from us in?

do you think they took food and water and probably even air with them?

i still think it is amusing that we can find one mobile, free thinking person in an area about the size of texas but can not come up with the immoblie stock piles of wmd's that we knew where they were in the first place.

8. jwb

that is almost exactly what they led us to believe.

otherwise, were was the immediate threat to us?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

9. Did you read anything Glen wrote in this thread about chemo-weapons or are you just ignoring anything that doesn't fit your preconceived notions?

I think I'm done with you - this is boring.

10. jwb

what pre-concieved notions do i have?

i realize that it does not take much in the way of chemicals to ruin your day. what does that have to do with anything?

absolutely nothing.

did our government say that iraq had only enough chemical weapons to fill the hatchback of a honda civic?

no, they did not. why is this so hard to understand?

i gave you a whole long post in direct response to your silly, child like questions so that you may refute it and point out my infallacies.

why don't you answer the few questions that i have put forth in that post and this one and then be done with me.

11. ysr612

ysr612 Well-Known Member

no that would be plenty to wipe out most of Wash D.C. but I guess that would not be mass des.
    howmany cities is mass.

edit
    at their peak they had like 40 to 80 truck loads enough to do the whole mid east.

dump 50# of lye (NaOH) in each you can let the stuff run into the sand in 72 hrs.

Last edited: May 24, 2004
  12. jwb

i can not debate you on how well these chemicals work, i am very ignorant on that and you seem to be pretty well informed; nor do i want to.

the whole point is what our government wanted us and the rest of the world to believe.

they wanted us to believe he had a bunch of this stuff, they wanted us to believe that they knew where it was, they wanted us to believe that if they were given the blessing to go into iraq that they would show us and everyone else all the prove that they said they had anyway.

turns out that they did not get their blessing (obviously they did not care) and it turns out that they did not know where this stuff was (do they care?).

it really is as simple as that.

for the record, i really thought they would find some nasty stuff relatively quickly even if it was not there to begin with.

;) ;)

it has restored some of my faith in our government that we had not.

;) ;)

again, how did we find him and not them?

also, he had no means to get those weapons to our shores other than by physically packing them on someone and trying to sneak them into our country, i.e.- acts of terrorism.

we know of many other countries and leaders that support these kinds of actions in many more substantial ways than saddam and yet we do not invade and occupy those countries?

why not?

13. ysr612

ysr612 Well-Known Member

I think it is funny that they loose a liter of the stuff and 500 sheep die people get all upset. then they find 4 liters of it and it is nothing!!!!

14. jwb

i think it is hysterical that our goverment did not ask to invade a country over 4 liters of chemicals...

and for the record, i do not mind if 2000 sheep die.
    wool clothes are itchy and i hate mutton! ;)

15. ysr612

ysr612 Well-Known Member

I am sure there was more then a few Kg of agent. What you seem to be saying is it is not the destuctive potential it is the bulk that is important. To me enough nerve agent to fill the trunk of a honda civic is plenty.

Last edited: May 24, 2004
  16. jwb

not really, what i am saying is that had our government said they wanted to invade iraq because of chemicals that you could put into a couple of 2 liters botles of coke then even our population would not have seen the immediate danger and the need to go over there.

but they painted a very different picture to us so we would back their descision.

and obviously, i would not want that civic parked on my block.

17. ysr612

ysr612 Well-Known Member

I messed up the math

before InYourFace or S&S catches me I blew the calculation I guess i should log on as Old an Senile. a ton is 2000lb not 200lb. So they had 4 to 8 tanker loads enough to take out 500 population centers with 5 overkill.