1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nelson Ledges

Discussion in 'General' started by mpusch, Aug 25, 2019.

1. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Home is where you make it!

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yeehaw...I get to take a shower:D

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just not right in front of the tower, that is mine :D

4. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

It's been a few years since I've been there so I wasn't sure if it was a permanent addition but it sure was welcome!!

5. rd400racer

6. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Good luck Rd400 and all the other racers this weekend!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    cav115 and rd400racer like this.
  7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

rd400racer likes this.
  8. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

10. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

New building in the background?

11. Red flag in last race?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes and yes.

Nothing major on the red, just a little weirdness.

13. rd400racer

What a beautiful day and the rain held out until 15 minutes after the last race. Had an amazing time for the first time back in a few years but it sucks that I was riding the slowest bike here. But I had a blast...thanks WERA!

assjuice cyrus, JBall and joec like this.
  14. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I walked over Saturday after awards to try and meet you and you weren't at your site. I walked over again Sunday morning and you were gone. Sorry I missed you,maybe time. Look good out there in that ol girl. Nice job.

15. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

And Happy birthday to you! You could have won it all!

JBall likes this.
  16. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

People complain about Nelson's Ledges amenities, but they have the best toilet paper out of any track I've been to. It's as good or better than the stuff I have at home.

roberto, tawzx12r and rd400racer like this.
  17. rd400racer

Well heck, sorry that I missed you. My son and I went into town for an early dinner then shot a little pool. I wish you’d have come by later...we had a fire, bourbon and the hockey game on! I was too beat to race today, guess I really am an old fart.

I had a great time on the MZ but was totally out-classed in my groups. I was up against the kids on R3’s and RC390’s and damn they’re fast! The only real battle I had was trying to catch a young man on a 125 2 stroke. I was within about 100’ of him for all 8 laps but just could catch him. But I ran my best laps of the day.

In a weird turn of events, I got hit by somebody from behind in the Oak Tree turn on the warmup lap of the Clubman race. They hit me in the back corner then bounced off my bike and crashed right near the corner worker station. I was doing nothing but holding my line so I don’t know what the deal was. It was bike 630 and I walked the pits twice after the race to make sure everything was OK and that I didn’t do something to cause it but could never find the bike. Just incredibly strange.

But all in all, I really like that place and had a blast. Nothing is as special as hanging out at the track with your son.

[​IMG]

SuddenBraking, JBall and Kyle Brosius like this.
  19. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Thanks Rich! Wish I could have been there but still healing up from last time. See you at the GNF.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: I noticed that too!

Dave675 likes this.