1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nelson Ledges

Discussion in 'General' started by mpusch, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Check which way the wind is blowing when you camp at Nelson....just sayin' :Puke:

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Well, looks like I'm headed that way on Friday for a little WERA racing. I've read all the comments here so I'm looking forward to an interesting time. To make it even more fun, my son is driving over from Lancaster, PA to pit for me so we'll have our usual blast at the track. Couple more questions...what time does the track open Friday (should get there around 6); is there places to get food nearby; can I bring a little self-contained fire pit; and is the camping area the spot that I see near the trees on the map?

Thanks all and looking forward to racing once again!

3. cowboy dann

cowboy dann Well-Known Member

Camping is any where you want

rd400racer likes this.
  4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Pretty sure I saw at least one open fire, can't say if it's welcome or not... Decent food is available but a good 30 minutes away, best to bring your own. Bring plenty of DEET...

rd400racer and jksoft like this.
  5. rwdfun

rwdfun

No showers of any type there, correct?

6. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Only Golden .... :D

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  7. jschuster2

jschuster2 Well-Known Member

There is a track day on Friday so the gate will be open all day.

5axis and rd400racer like this.
  8. jschuster2

jschuster2 Well-Known Member

There are showers.

9. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

He’s not talking about in your monster toyhauler there, bubblehead.:D

jschuster2 likes this.
  10. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

There were some cramped little showers in the restrooms back last time I was there ('11 or '12 I believe). At the time I thought, "well, these aren't too much worse than Grattan's" (before they redid them).

11. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

What good hotels are around there?

12. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

We have had decent luck with the Holiday Inn Express in Newton Falls.

assjuice cyrus and ekraft84 like this.
  13. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Down town Garrettsville has some great little bar/restaurants.

I mean like race dinner nice, not white tablecloth. But i do a feb/March gravel ride sponsored by slim & jumbo’s. It’s a clean establishment with good chili...

14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Now that's a good tip. Depending on what happens Saturday, my son and I might head over there after the racing. Looks like a nice joint.

15. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I’m thinking i will bring my daughters out to spectate for a bit Saturday afternoon. Undecided on how to handle the bathroom situation...

16. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

For the endurance round they had a trailer set up near the tech shed with bathrooms which is big improvement from the regular facilities

rk97 likes this.
  17. 172Driver

172Driver Member

Hey all, just about to head down for this race weekend. It'll be my first WERA race. Just want to make sure there is a tire service there, don't really want to haul that all down with me. (I have tires left over from my season already, just want to someone to install them!!!)

Oh, and can I fill trailer water at the track? Not to drink, just for showers and toilet!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's there for every event.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes there will be tire people there and there is water near the tech shed I believe - not 100% on that but it's somewhere.

20. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Yes there is a water hose right by the fancy shitter trailer that's next to the tech shed.