1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nelson Ledges Update

Discussion in 'General' started by Jim, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

John Malone and I think Barry Diller is a partner. Malone is 486th richest guy in the world. I'd imagine that Diller is right in there somewhere.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  2. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

Well, whatever happens it should be interesting to watch the developments. I hope they keep the current track layout but redo the surface. I always liked racing at Nelson, even when the surface was at its worst. We always have the best time at Nelson too...must be all those crazy Ohio people. ;) Anyway, can't wait to see what happens.

3. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

I can only hope that the new prospective owners will up grade the track and still rent it to us mortals however, the entrepreneurial spirit in me says that this thing will never be a race track again for some reason. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!:up:

4. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

at least we know the new owners shouldn't run out of money.

is there any CONCRETE evidence to suggest major layout changes? I would have to think being 'the fastest 2 mile road course in the US' has some appeal and promotional value.

i'm hoping for minor logistical layout improvements (not having to cross the track surface to get to the paddock, maybe changing some turns to avoid natural waterflows!)

5. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

I only hate the last turn b4 the straights...They can change that all day long for me.

Granted I've only ran Nelsons once.

6. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Well, I'm not opposed to either the Air Fence Fund or giving it to Scott. If Jim agrees that Scott will do right with the money, then I'm okay with doing that.

7. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

Or...
    :D

8. Rich SmithMoore

Rich SmithMoore Well-Known Member

And I hear they've hire RE and DMG to manage the new facility! There may be a few rules changes............;)

9. Rich Graver

Haven't heard that as much as there being a reality series. Like "This Old Track" :up:

10. Rich Graver

I stand corrected, Malone was the CEO.

11. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

if they shortened the last left turn before the straight to give adequate runoff and banked the right hander onto the straight that would be cool

12. lightisright

lightisright Well-Known Member

I was hanging out at Nelson today what everyone is talking about (no officials, just paddock talk) is the track is closing as soon as the deal is done, probably Sept 1st. Planned to re-open June 1, 2009. That means this weekend is the final Wera race for the old Nelson Ledges and the schedule would be cut short one weekend. Also that other org that races there is losing rounds 6 and 7 of the 7 round season.

There is already a trailer sitting there that says so-and-so's demolition service (or maybe that's always been there).

Brad

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Once things are official we'll let everyone know.

14. Apollo JD

Apollo JD Ninja Cat

That organization was fasttrax
    :(

15. GSXAAARGH

GSXAAARGH Pilot

they still is

16. Bart#72

Bart#72 Well-Known Member

Is John Malone and Barry Diller the owners of VIR? I heard the owners of VIR bought it.

I hope they keep the same configuration, I like Nelson :)

17. Apollo JD

Apollo JD Ninja Cat

yes

Todd said they are going to try an add another Putnam at the end to replace a lost round. They will also resume next year normal. They are hoping the
    increased turnouts will offset the higher prices.