1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nelson Ledges To Move Tire Walls?

Discussion in 'General' started by SPATT, Jun 25, 2008.

1. SPATT

SPATT In a gravel pit near you

I sent an email to Scott Lane at Nelson Ledges (as Im sure many of you have) about the tire walls. I purposed the solution of I would provide the equipment to move the walls and regrade the run off (or lack there of).

Scott responded:

Matt,

Thank you very much for this generous offer.

I have to wait until some issues are resolved that will have a major impact on this subject.
    If things go as I anticipate the run-off and safety barrier issue will resolved in a big way.

I can’t be very specific yet, and I apologize for the vague answer, however we’ll all have to be patient for a few more weeks.

Thanks again for the offer. I estimated that the last section of tire wall that I moved from 3 – 7 riders left would have cost well over a million if outside contractors were used.
    Grading for new barrier location, moving barriers and re-grading run-off and re-stacking tires if a big effort, and I sincerely appreciate your offer to help facilitate that.

Regards,

Nelson Ledges Road Course
    J. Scott Lane, President /GM
    Office: (440) 548-8551
    Cell: (330) 727-0591
    Email: [email protected]

2. jmanley

jmanley Well-Known Member

if you need manpower to help with anything, i'm in. with a little notice i can come up most any day (lots of vacation time at work to burn).

3. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

WOW!! Spatt!! That is huge! Hats off to you!!!!

4. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Very nice. I think the ruts in the run-off that does exist is pretty bad. Being able to grade that out in some capacity would be great.

5. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

So, any idea as to what Scott is talking about?

6. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Thanks Spatt! :up:

After seeing Kevin Calloway (sp) hit the tire wall off the back straight last month I haven't viewed the place the same!

7. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

I would guess it would either be one of the two:

1. acquiring more land.
    2. getting some crazy eco-protective measure lifted that would allow more development on existing property

8. RJH_5150

RJH_5150 Well-Known Member

I would be willing to help out as well. I might even be able to borrow my dad's tractor to help out with the moving of tires. It's not a very big one but it does have a front-end loader and a rear blade.