1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nelson Ledges Safety Fund (Reminder)

Discussion in 'General' started by ekraft84, Jun 24, 2008.

1. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

With Nelson Ledges coming up next weekend, remember to let the crew at the track know that we're still supporting added safety/run-off around the track. Ask them if they've been able to use the money we raised previously. Continue to let them know how important track safety is and that we're supporting what they're trying to do. I haven't been there yet this year, but I know they were clearing trees in the first half of the carousel towards the end of last year.

For a recap of the Nelson Safety Fund:

http://www.witchkraftracing.com/nelsonledges/

There are a lot of names on the list supporting the effort, but a lot of new names and faces that could be added to this list. I wonder if trying to add 20 more people for an extra $1000 would be possible .. ?

2. Smalls

Smalls 2012 Blue...

You can count me in for 50$ Eddie, I love that track. It would be much cooler though if it was a little safer......:up:

3. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

I haven't been there this year and won'tbe racing there again this year. But I'll throw another $50 to help out again

4. Let me know when the runoff has been brought up to modern standards there, and I will resume racing there.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Let me know where you found these modern standards. Thanks.

6. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Alright, I've reopened up the Donation button on the page:

http://www.witchkraftracing.com/nelsonledges/

Thanks Aaron and JB for starting it off. I'll contribute another $50 myself and cover the difference of the Paypal fees for all who donate. That's 3 down and 17 more to go.

We'll do it the same as last time. Collect the money and I'll hand it off to them. I'll try to make sure we get some type of notification/recognition when they do indeed use the funds. More than anything, I feel this is even more about the message than the money itself, but hand-delivering a check for $1000 on Friday morning would be a nice message.

I know at least 10 guys I race with who I gotta think would donate ..

:beer:

7. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

I'll kick in too. I like that track.

Did you know the track asked for volunteers for May 12th (yeah, it sucked that it was a weekday) to help with "clean up" around the tire walls. It was primarily a cosmetic thing, but it all contributes to the general upkeep of the place.

8. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

Europe?

9. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Those standards are in metric. Speak American.

:)

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Three words - Isle of Man. Ooh, lets go two more - Cadwell Park....

11. Strick

Strick Good to be king

FIM probably has a list you could read.:p

12. heavy penny

heavy penny I like to make slide

Donated! Thank you Eddie and everyone else for all you do to keep us safe!

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FIM has a lot of specs yep. But you've been to Laguna. Hell, they had changes done to Miller of all places.

14. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

15. TommyD

TommyD Well-Known Member

Come and see me at the Sledges.what ever I make on teaching riderschool I will donate.It's to everybodys benefit to bring someone to take riders school.

16. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

$50 sent from me... i never donated the first time around, and promised i would.

17. raTTso

raTTso Carpe Diem, Dude

I'm kicking in $50 as a thank you to Jim Nicholas for reminding us at Beaver last weekend why watching guys ride two-strokes is so entertaining. Jim's 2-Smoke Acrobatics. Glad you're (relatively) okay, Jim :clap: .

I've gone off turn one at Nelson and didn't enjoy my options of trying to ride it out on a rutted, grassy hillside or lay the bike down before getting to the tires (Coward that I am, I chose option 2 :p ). I was thankful for all of the runoff room at BeaveRun last weekend when I went off the track coming down the hill and had the time to collect my wits and the bike and get back on the track without any trouble.

I appreciate your consistent efforts with this, Mr. Kraft. We all want safer venues, even if we might differ on how to accomplish that goal :beer: !

18. exracer941

exracer941 Well-Known Member

I think my $600 "economy stimulus" check is at home. So half to this fund and half towards a new pair of SIDI boots. Gotta help out a track that is only 50 mins from my house.:up:

19. jmanley

jmanley Well-Known Member

Honestly, i feel more comfortable donating my time and labor. They had a tire wall repair/restacking/moving day a few weeks ago but i didn't find out about it until too late. Any more labor intensive days that anyone knows about? Need help taking down/setting up airfence? Repairing ruts in the grass? Etc. Etc.

20. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Thanks guys. I've updated the list and with Scott's generous donation, we're already at $950. We really only need another $50, or another 6 people to get to 20.

:beer: