1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nelson Lap Times for Lizard...

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by evilhordewannabe, Jun 24, 2002.

1. evilhordewannabe

evilhordewannabe Well-Known Member

Hey Bob, thanks for the motel names, we stayed at Roadway Inn.....at least it IS close to the track...and cheap. My wife timed a couple laps in F-500 and F-RD. Josh Smith-Moore, who won both classes ran 1:25 laps according to her stop watch. I ran 3rd in F-500, and I got down to 1:27 laps after a slow start. Rich Lucas was 2nd, and I think his lap times were right with Josh's since they finished real close. Like I said, this was my wife timing these laps, so these numbers are very "unofficial."

2. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Thanks, You may have already when you stayed there, but head to the track by turning right , take right onto 534, then left onto 422 then onto 305. It takes longer if you go left at the motel to 422.

Motels not a great one but any time I have stayed there the showers were hot & the AC worked. After a long day thats all I ask.

3. STAN LIPERT

STAN LIPERT Well-Known Member

Bob,Jerry D. timed some 1;24,1;23 on the Josh/Lucas show,no RD for me that race,I got clocked with some 1;24,1;23'son my CB350 in V2, my one race on the Honda 350.Jerry was pissed he left his RD at home,maybe next time.By the way,I talked with Josh some after the race,very nice kid,I mean guy.He rode a 350 that had an engine that was totally stock,including stock head,points,porting.

4. evilhordewannabe

evilhordewannabe Well-Known Member

Stan it was nice to meet you and Rich after the race. I met Josh and his dad at Putnam, and got the same impression of him. he is trying to get a 600 ride on the modern bikes and pursue a career. I hope he is successful before he gets his hands on a built RD...:D