1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Ti welder/exhaust fabricator in Central Md

Discussion in 'General' started by Booger, Aug 26, 2023.

1. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Need a Ti motorcycle header welded. Who’s the go to guy in this area?

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Beg Britt and send it to GA?

3. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

I’m hoping to find someone local so my buddy’s bike is down for as short a time as possible.

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Any good TIG welder can do it, just has to use the right wire/ (Size and Grade)..it isn't RocketScience..just purge it and bench weld it.

pfhenry, Banditracer and britx303 like this.
  5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

All those small shops all over B-more, bike shops and machine shops ……..at least when I moved out years ago, I’m surprised y’all don’t have a known somebody already up there.

6. joec

joec brace yourself

Brian at mid Atlantic Motorsports or try Kenny's guys.

7. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Well that’s my problem, I don’t know any gold Ti welders.

8. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

There’s probably tons, but I just don’t know of any. Figured someone on here was in the know.

britx303 likes this.
  9. joec

joec brace yourself

See above. Brian knows his shit.

10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Look on the Fb group “I don’t know shit about welding” and ask there.

lotta good dudes there. Lotta talent.

11. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

‘sup Joe. Not familiar with Atlantic Motorsports. Is it a moto shop?

12. joec

joec brace yourself

Mostly cars. But brian messed/messes with bikes. Over on glenarm rd. Lots of jdm stuff, eurotrash, and they had some ford hookup building insane new mustang gt stuff for a while. The drift guys and time attack people all know him. He used to ride with us years ago.

I don't know if that's the central md you want but he's talented and knows Motorsports fabrication.

Drop him a note. Can't hurt.

https://ma-motorsports.com/

13. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Yeah it’s just a simple exhaust weld, as long as be doesn’t mind doing small jobs.

14. joec

joec brace yourself

He's hooked me up in the past, but that was years ago. They do regular auto maintenance too. I haven't talked to Brian in a few years but he was always a good dude. You can tell him i mentioned him as an option. I'm sure he remembers me. I still follow what they're doing some.

15. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

Passed along the the info to my buddy, thanks for the referral.

16. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Out of his damn mind giving it to a random in the DMV area. Use a reputable person off here unless you want it to disappear.

17. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Which is why I said I’m surprised they don’t already have a “known” guy/shop up in B-Mo……..not a random.

18. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

I've "welded" some thin 316 stainless with the correct rod... amazing what back gassing does there. Apparently 100% argon isn't the best gas there and a tri mix is needed.

I Think 100% argon is good for Ti tho.. u ever use a trailing cup for Ti? or just a fat gas lens?

19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I use 100% argon, just make sure you have a bleed hole so there is no pressure build, just coverage usually less than 5cfh, I give it time to flow filling the inside, displacing all the crappy air. (TriMix is for MIG welding here in the South).

For exhaust stuff I just use a #10 cup (WP20/GasLens) , about 18cfh, It's exhaust not the Space Shuttle..
    I have BIG cups for special stuff..and a GloveBox for 100% work..not needed for exhaust work. (IMO)

The biggest issue with exhaust is people will hang it under tension, then the cyclic loading and harmonics work stressed areas and cracks appear.

pfhenry likes this.
  20. Ides

Ides Well-Known Member

did you guys get any good local (MD) response from those recommendations?

Would be interested in getting some titanium stuff done, too

@Britt any chance you have room in your work queue? I also would be interested in getting some m/c chambers created in titanium