1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some cat advice

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jan 29, 2019.

1. trancework

trancework It's always now...

Sorry for your loss. :(

2. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

The Preghh kitten is now at ease. RIP.

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

RIP prehhgh kitty :(

Floyd likes this.
  4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

We were hoping our 2nd cat, Kiki would hang on for quite a long time, but it doesn't seem like she will. My wife read that when cats are extremely close, the surviving cat usually goes within a few months, and here we are. Kiki stopped eating and drinking willfully about a week ago. During the past few weeks we've taken her in for exams and blood tests. It looks like kidney failure. She's dropping weight very quickly, and is now under 4 lbs. We give her a subcutaneous 100ml dose of electrolytes daily, and feed her water with a syringe. She can't walk or stand. I guess she's too weak and has some neurological damage. She does seem to be comfortable and not in pain, so we will keep trying to get things into her, but I don't know how long she can last. Maybe a few more days. If we see any evidence of pain or discomfort, we'll have the mobile vet come to our home for euthanasia. With good fortune, she will pass in her sleep comfortably. I love this little thing so much. She's been my little girl for the past 15 years, since my wife and her 2 cats came into my life. Sad days :(

kiki.jpg

Attached Files:

5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Sorry to hear this @motion
    Hug them while you can.

6. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

One of our guys has kidney failure too. We also give him subcutaneous shots daily. There's only one thing he'll eat. Temptations treats. Doubt they're the answer but worth a shot with KiKi.

motion likes this.
  7. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Terribly sad. :( Gerber's baby food (the meats) fresh sardines and brie cheese for cats who are powering down, if they'll still eat.

8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Gerbers baby food and Temptations have been a staple for the past couple months. No interest now and she doesn't have the strength for chewing on solid food.

9. pfhenry

:( sorry to hear bud.

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Sorry to hear man.

11. drop

drop Well-Known Member

We are a cat family. My and my girls first cat together was our first present to each other when we got together. That cat held us together when we were at our worse. We lost her about 2 years ago and still to this day, it hurts . We rescued a couple more. Our kitties are rescues. Always have been and will always be.

12. pfhenry

You got any unofficial names for that fluff monster?

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

:)

The Kiks, pumpkin kitty, little lion, dads little girl, sweetheart... goes on and on.

She joined her sister yesterday afternoon. Man, I never thought I would have to go thru something this difficult. Thanks for everyone's support. Means a hell of a lot.

14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Sorry motion.

motion likes this.
  16. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Sorry Motion. That is incredibly sad.
    At least she had love right til the end.

motion likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Very sorry for your loss, man.

motion likes this.
  18. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Sorry for your kitties, bro.

motion likes this.
  19. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

Sorry for the loss.