1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need new leathers, Alpinestars GP Pro or Dainese Racing perforated

Discussion in 'General' started by RTD, Feb 16, 2016.

1. RTD

RTD Well-Known Member

I'm in need of a new suit, I've narrowed it down to a Dainese Racing perforated suit or an Alpinestars GP pro, both 1 piece suits, price within a few dollars, I've worn A* before and been happy but interested in trying something else. Due to where I live either one will need to be ordered so I won't get a chance to touch & feel. Hoping someone here may have a little more knowledge and might be willing to share their experiences.

image.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Can't comment on the A* suit, but I am a fan of Dianese. I'm on my third Dianese suit, this one I sprung for the D-air ($2500). Pricey but I don't want another busted collarbone.

The Dianese suits are well constructed (I crashed the heck out of my first one, at least 4 times) soft leather, great protection and quality. I am lucky that I fit them off the rack, not sure what your size is. Good luck!

RTD likes this.
  3. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

My only experience is getting my son sized for a suit. Worked with Si from TT Motogear in Ga, great guy. Suit choice seems to depend most on body type. Andrew is 6' and weighs 140 lbs. Italian suits fit him best so we went with Spidi. Japanese and American suits seem to be build for us rounder folks. You probably already know this, but I figured I'd give a plug for TT Motogear since he gave us a great price on all our new gear.

RTD likes this.