1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need hvac help with ecobee thermostat

Discussion in 'General' started by buzz-06, Feb 9, 2023.

1. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

House was remodeled and a new Goodman heat pump and air handler installed 2 years ago. Everything seemed to work fine last winter and this winter it’s been acting funny ever since that cold snap in December (live in MD). The thermostat isn’t calling for the heat pump to run instead it’s running the auxiliary heat, then by the end of the day it’s showing a message that aux heat has been running too long. I’ve looked in the settings of the thermostat but can’t find anything. Anyone out there know these ecobee’s and have an idea?

2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Do you have a dual fuel system? Why is it using AUX?

I have Ecobee on my new system, but its a dual fuel heat pump + gas furnace. AUX is the gas furnace.

3. buzz-06

negative, the aux is an electric heat strip and I have no idea why it’s using it instead of the heat pump.

4. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Pop it off the wall and re-seat it if you have not done so. They act up sometimes.

5. buzz-06

I’ve had it off the wall a few times, still having issues.

6. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Our Geo system runs like that, on the Geothermal settings,, but never had the aux kick on,,,check your system configurations in menu;
    10 minute mark;

upload_2023-2-11_11-15-26.png

Last edited: Feb 11, 2023