1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with finiding race decals/graphics

Discussion in 'General' started by CBRX, Jan 8, 2002.

1. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

Eh, I only give it a 2.5

1.0 for the cheezy Red Bull replica and 1.5 for girl with small boobies you can't see...
    [​IMG]

------------------
    James Greeson
    Senior Wannabe,
    GS Posse

2. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

Max, is this the same Motorsports Designs out of Jamestown NC?

3. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Tricktape....? is that where I can get my eyeball headlight covers [​IMG] oh & my trick gas cap decal [​IMG] junk!! I seen these guys last year down at Daytona. Half the outfit was out in the front of their booth, razor blade in hand installing some of this cheezy stuff on customers bikes.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. Not for me [​IMG]

4. Look in the link titled
    "MSD Gallery".

5. JamesG

JamesG Architeuthis dux

Cool stuff, but is that 85' Winston Haulers or 85 x Rigs?!?! [​IMG]

6. Though it may sound unbelieveable, it is 85 separate, individual NASCAR Haulers. Many are the vending trailers and promotional car haulers.
    [​IMG]

Today they did 3 for Dale Earnhardt Junior, and tomorrow one of the things they will do is a special commemorative souvenir trailer for Dale Earnhardt Sr.

7. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

max, correct me if im wrong. are you going to sell motorcycle roadracers shocks for $800 then try to sell them race trailer graphics for another 3-20,000$? oh, and then, tell them that 85 nascar teams with multi- million dollar budgets are in front of them? i dont think this guy from california is going to be one of your/their customers. i could be wrong but i dont think so. being in the business for 20 years myself, i would recommend going to one of the franchised local shops such as fast signs, signs now, signorama etc for the best value. tapeworks here in nc comes highly recommended from the motorcycle community and specializes in bike graphics and i believe is one of the pioneers in the business. the sign industry has made incredible technolgical advances in the last 10 years and the services are not "cheap". very few signs are made by billybob in his coveralls and a few paint brushes anymore. even the smallest shops have to invest as much as $100,000 just to get started. so dont expect to get custom stickers for "cheap". a real good rule of thumb for anybody involved in any form of motorsports, you aint gettin nuthin worth having and using, for "cheap". there is absolutely nothing that is cheap in motorsports. max, good luck with your new side venture, youll need it. how many full digital color trailers have you seen in your career that dont belong to a team/teams with multi-million dollar budgets. how many motorcycle teams have multi-million dollar budgets. you're probably getting your trailer lettered at a good discount by being a rep though. [​IMG] good luck, and i mean it. its a fascinating industry.

8. CBRX

CBRX Well-Known Member

man are u guys quick to respond....I LOVE THIS PLACE home this is the type of response i get evertime i come here...thanks for all of your input...o and keep it coming.

9. Mblashfield

so tell us where you got your decals??

10. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

Okay. Jamestown/High Point all the same depending on where you are standing. Anyway, these guys are local to us and they are amazing. They have the NASCAR market wrapped up. Their haulers are moving art. But, our business is with Tapeworks because "it's all in the decals." [​IMG]
    Remind me to give you some inside info on motorsports next time I see you Max.

11. Tapeworks will be hard to beat if you are doing your bike. But if they do trailers I was unaware (wassup with Harwell's butt-nekked truck Russel?)

This guy did ask where he could get graphics(bike or trailer?), and didn't specify "under $100" either! HAHAHA!!!
    He might have 6 new GSXRs, a 40" car hauler, and a toter home to pull it. He didn't say...
    Of course, he might also have a 88 Hurricane, a 83 Toyota P/U with one skinny rubber "for temporary use only" tire on it, and he was looking for stick on numbers only.
    OK, SO I'M AN OPTIMIST!!!
    [​IMG]
    If you look at all of the clubs of racing there are lots of guys with big trailers who have nice efforts that don't have even one million dollars, never mind multi million dollars. I.E. Team Extreme, Vesrah Racing, Loudon Motorsports, Arclight Racing, AOD (new improved trailer and truck for 02 I have heard...), why even good 'ol Harwell has a nice truck, and Russell is his buddy.
    A guy like Scott Carpenter has a nice box van that could use some slick stickers, and he hasn't got a million bucks. JU has contacted me for info about graphics for the Valvoline trailer, and as big as his team is, I don't think he has a million dollar budget either.

My repping for Motorsports Designs isn't really a source of income, it is just a way to offset the cost of my graphics, and offer a new source of upscale graphics to racers, that are nicer than the ordinary "swish" or "stripe".

12. Thumper

Thumper Saved by Grace

I've got some decals from Bruce Brown (see above). He does a great job and had quick response. I highly recommend his work and you'll be supporting a fellow racer.

Will

13. Mblashfield

we use our digital color capability in other markets, retail, city transit bus fleets, and point of purchase and tradeshow displays. like i said ive been it it for 20 years and ive lettered about 8 race trailers, 3 of which were mine. the low end cost of digitally lettering a trailer in general is 1800-2500$ or almost as much as an average bike hauler. thats why you see alot of white trailers at the track. ask scott why his trailer isnt lettered after 4 years. those nascar rigs can go well over $20,000 to letter. even my new 20 footer is still white, that crap is so hard to take off and i sell mine about every year or so. i might have to doll mine up now just cuz you are [​IMG] ill get a better deal on mine than you did. [​IMG]

14. Mblashfield

test?

[This message has been edited by mbmotorsports (edited 01-10-2002).]

15. Pretty serious slacking if you run a graphics company and have a white trailer!!!
    SHAME!

Is that what Blashfield Communications is? A graphics company? I didn't know that. It sounds electronic...

Remember "It's not whether or not you finish first, as long as you look good gettin' there" (HA! Yeah, right).

Yeah, the chicks will be diggin' my new stickers (and my rapidly balding head is another big draw...).

JU is big time now man, he needs the serious Mac-Daddy Pimpin' Graphics!!!

17. CBRX

CBRX Well-Known Member

WOW all this from my simple post abotu some race stickers....

umm i dont really need anything like a trailer clored up... what i was thiking about is something like this:

a bunch of stickers displaying parts on the bike such as:

Dynojet
    NGK
    Dunlop
    etc etc....

AND some sort of larger decals such as maybe the marlboro logo (not specifically) but u knwo something along thos elines...maybe i like too much showyness...but keep in mine this is NOT my race bike...i ride it to school every day and occassianally onto a speedy little area some of us call a track

i dont want something as expensive and fancy as Taperowks, simply because thats just something i'd cry over if i ever scratched [​IMG]

little vinyl decals however are easy to put on, easy to replace and fairly inexpensive.

i think the biggest piece i'd need is about 18x16in to cover the from fairing (dont wanna paint over clearcoat) and maybe some a few larger designs....

although i feel a bit odd saing this because i may take some heat for it...

a big part of the reason i want these decals if to get more looks whether by my friends, random people on the street, or the people watching the little sunday races who like to see people wipe out and bitch abotu having to get new bodywork and decals....

i hope i was able to get my point across

so basically iw as looking or someone, who has most of these designs looking like they were designed by the ocmpany they represent, and who can help me get some of my creative ideas onto my fairing, just email me, or respond here

man i talk a lot....again i hope i got my point across....

you guys have been very helpful, its hard to even keep track of who's saying what

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

[​IMG]

But we truly only requrie them for riders to win purse money.... So it does pay to run the sticker.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can get the other stickers you mentioned form Tapeworks as well.

One thing though - if the people aren't paying contingency or paying you cash/product to run their stickers then don't do it.