1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with custom exhaust bracket

Discussion in 'Tech' started by CafeRacer, Aug 12, 2020.

1. CafeRacer

CafeRacer Well-Known Member

Gents - Been working a bit on the Monster 900 street bike I rescued a while back.

I found a period correct Termignoni full system (round cans) on eBay but it didn't include the brackets to hang the silencers.

I spent a lot of time on the internet, bought some stuff from junkyards and exchanged a whole lot of emails with Termignoni in Italy but I've had no luck in sourcing the parts.

I need something made.

Termi were nice enough to send me what they thought was the closest thing they had but they're just slightly off. I need hangars made like the ones Termi sent but have the top of the triangle to be moved, "forward" by about 11mm and maybe bendable for final alignment.

I don't own any metal fabrication tools but seems like a simple enough job for someone who does this kind of stuff. Can someone here recommend someplace to accurately make me two brackets that will work and look good?

Pics here to help explain if you all feel like helping:
    https://imgur.com/a/OaT6z3B

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  2. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

How is the bracket attached to the can? Can you share a pic of the other side?

3. CafeRacer

Thanks.

Second pic in the link shows that the bracket is held on the can with two bolts that thread into the can. Quite clean for Italy in the 1990s actually.

4. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I assume that there are two cans? If so, maybe swap the bracket from one to the other? Or if single can, I would reverse the bracket and build a standoff/secondary bracket or bend the original bracket. I need to see it in its natural habitat (mounted) to make a better suggestion.

The easiest thing I have done is to use cardboard to mockup a bracket, then take it to someone with the skills and tools. Keep it simple. But if you want more input then install the can and share the pics so we can provide better inputs.

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

are those brackets similar to the oem cans? i have a set of these at the house and don't need them.

6. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I have a feeling Ed Milich might have something laying around. Check with him.

7. CafeRacer

Thanks guys. Tried the stock brackets. Tried flipping these around. Tried a few aftermarket brackets from other systems from Ed.

I need a guy to make a custom thing. Anyone got one?

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

9. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I can probably help you out
    do you have the means to make a cad file?
    If not I can draw up
    Might be easier to mail me the bracket with the desired changes