1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help wiring a cbr starter/ kill switch on a gsxr

Discussion in 'Tech' started by masshole, Mar 20, 2014.

1. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

The bike is a L2 gsxr 750 and I'm going to be using the Motion Pro throttle revolver. I have a spare starter/ kill switch from my K9 cbr 1000 and I want to use it (if even possible) on the 750.

I disassembled the gsxr right side switch pod and the kill switch uses two wires: Orange/ Black and Orange/ White.

Disassembled the cbr kill switch and it uses a Black wire and a White/ black striped wire.

For the killl switch I have them connected this way and it seems to work well:

O/B wire to B wire

and

O/W wire to W(striped) wire

For the starter button the gsxr has 4 wires:

Orange/Red
    Yellow/White
    Yellow/Green
    Orange/White

The cbr starter switch has 3 wires:

White/Blue
    Black/Red
    Yellow/Red

For the starter button I have connected:

B/R wire from the switch to the O/R wire

and

Y/R wire from the switch to the Y/G wire

The starter motor turns over with the clutch pulled in when I hit the starter button. The bike is thorn apart so not sure if it will actually run but it's cranking up and should fire right up.

I'm kinda lost from here on, I don't know where the White/Blue wire from the switch should go and also where the Yellow/White and Orange/White wires should connect.

I know that there are plenty of people here that know the color coding of the wires for both the Suzuki and Honda very well, I'd appreciate if you could share your thoughts and help me out, thanks.

2. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Found this on another forum:
    (this was for a gsxr switch pod on an older Honda)

"Right controls
    gsxr wire color ------ honda wire color
    "Kill Switch"
    O/W ......................................MUST connect to (Honda) Black (power with key on)
    O/B........................................Black/white stripe (power to coils)

"Lighting interrupter/Start"
    O/R........................................To Black (incoming power, can be the same black as the kill switch)
    W/Y ....................To GSXR left switches, W/Y wire (carries power over to hi/low switch, other side of switches)
    Y/G ........................................To Yellow/Red stripe (solenoid wire...If you've grounded the other small solenoid wire {black})Ni

3. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I kept messing with the wires and then sparks went flying and now I have a completely dead bike. :mad:

4. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

check the fuses