1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need another full-time Motorcycle mechanic ASAP!

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Aug 5, 2020.

1. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Local KTM dealer said they have 60 bikes pre-sold that they have no idea when they will get. On the gear side, it was flying out the door in the few minutes I was there.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Can't go on cruise, go to sporting events or concerts. People are looking for something to do. Boat and campers sales are also hot.

TurboBlew likes this.
  3. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

I feel this pain. I bought a small bicycle shop a few months ago. I'm the only one wrenching, I'm soooo far behind. I'm going to have to get help soon.

4. Jed

Jed mellifluous

In GA? I get bored at night.

5. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Eustis/Mt Dora, central Fl. So, a slight commute :D

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Interesting and cool.
    Man, I had no idea. The neighbor just got his kid a CRF50 and everything (under 250cc not hardcore) is sold out in VA, MD and the rest of the states around here. Nothing!

He now has to wait for the training wheels for the CRF and he was told it could be a few days or a few months.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and bicycles, there are none of those (except for the higher dollar ones) at the shops. Zilch!

8. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

This explains why I was able to unload a Giant Defy I had within 30 minutes for more than it was worth (IMO).

9. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Shit! I could have saved him a few bucks.....Alex's CRF50 I got him last year is for sale. He's ALL about his CRF110 and Ohvale now.
    On his Ohvale in practice...if there's 8 kids in the Stock 110 session in NJ, he's in the faster half of the group.....put him on his 50...he's in the back of the pack.
    He doesn't complain, but you can tell he's NOT a happy camper on that bike now. So I recognize it....it's time.

I'm always going to absolutely love the spec 50 race at NJMiniGP...I mean 15 or more bobbleheads on the grid, shields down and throttle pinned going for all the glory 3 hp
    can give....and they're SERIOUS racers when they're out there. After the race....they're back to being kids and best buddies on their bicycles, skate boards, razors, and anything else they can scoot around the pits on. It's a lesson in humanity and Sportsmanship we all could learn from.

scottn, TurboBlew, Sabre699 and 2 others like this.
  10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I think its pure fun. Ive played organized sports, did the company softball bs, triathalons, biking
    , roller hockey, mens rec basketball, and it crushes all that by far.
    Sure there are the Clarence types... but mini racing/riding is cheap to get into, low injury risk, and most of all FUN!!
    I laugh when people that actually ride big bikes say they dont want to damage their only suit or helmet. I always ask "what are you saving the gear for??" Just a deer in headlights stare... :rolleyes: Gear is cheap... life is short.

Sabre699 likes this.
  11. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

If you guys think bikes are crazy, try finding a above ground pool! Everyone has been sold out for months and the people that bought them early are reselling a $400 pool for $4,000 on eBay and amazon:eek:

12. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

So cool Pat! I can totally see you doing this.

good luck with the enterprise!

13. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I didn't realize that bikes were a hot commodity. I keep trying to get Rob to come take a bunch of old race bikes off my hands.

14. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

It’s easy to resell Japanese sport bikes and dirt bikes. Rare, obscure and race bikes are a different story.

15. noles19

Pedal bikes are sold out most places even Walmart etc.
    And kids dirt bikes have gone up in value at least 30% around the Charlotte area it's insane

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

there are no good kid's bikes on FB marketplace, or CL. market is swept empty.

i ended up buying a new one for the kid...
    buddy in ohio sold his 3 girls old bikes within an hour...

campers: the new box i got, the sales lady was so happy to finally have someone with a credit score over 800 walk in after weeks of sub-primers trying to invest their stimulus checks...

friend has a 2 year old yamaha jet boat, the dealer called him asking if he could buy it back. no new boats on the lot.

strange times.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    noles19 likes this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Trampolines too. Every damn one that went up on CL was spoken for before I even saw the ad.

Then I find out my mother was selling the one she has. Buyer bailed so I told her I’d take it and pick it up when we came for our annual trip.

Then my vacation with the kids was unceremoniously torpedoed.

Anyone wanna bring a trampoline from Maine to Shittyapolis? Might even meet halfway at Nelson Ledges in a few weeks ;)

18. noles19

Yep! Now I think CL killed themselves buy charging for adds but Facebook is empty of bikes

Phl218 likes this.
  19. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

If someone comes down from Maine to Maryland, I may be able to deliver said trampoline to Nelson Ledges.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Tried ordering 8 lacrosse goals for the Rec program I work with. None!

Well, I could get special colored ones for twice the price in colors NO ONE would want.