1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need A new flat screen TV, suggestions?

Discussion in 'General' started by CAMELTOEHUNTER, Nov 3, 2010.

1. CAMELTOEHUNTER

CAMELTOEHUNTER Well-Known Member

I know 85% of you guys have some sort of high tech tv...

Do know that I want 50" or so, and LED

Slim so it can be mounted on the wall.

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Sony all the way for me. Love their LCDs.

3. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

samsung fo sho and get at least 240 hrz... awesome viewing!

i woundnt get sony as i've done some reading and found that samsung actually provides sony with a lot of parts.

4. Country_boy_88

Country_boy_88 Well-Known Member

samsung 240hz 1080. All the LEDs are skiny as hell btw

5. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Made by Samsung. Might have some extra features and slightly better electronics, but Samsung makes the LCD panels for Sony.

6. CAMELTOEHUNTER

CAMELTOEHUNTER Well-Known Member

Last xmass I picked up a 50 inch Samsung LED for my mother, and she really likes it..

May just have to go that route. I forget what the exact specs were, but it is nice.

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Who makes Sony's image processing and feature set?

8. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Not sure. But I do know Samsung and Sony (were) work(ing) together in developing televisions.

9. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

I just picked up a samsung 65 inch 8000 series led 3d 240hz tv..$5,999 http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN65C8000XFXZA
    But its all worth it..Fucking glasses were $200 a pop.
    All the wera guys in the Northeast are welcome to watch the races,Games,fights at my house

10. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

samsung......great price and great Tv

11. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

Nice thread.......i'm in the market myself..... :)

12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that there have been a lot of articles lately that the bottom is about to fall out of the flat screen market. 3D's aren't selling anywhere near what the manufacturers thought they would and deep discounts are coming our way on all flat screens.

I saw that Walmart is having a big 2 day sale soon. It's a buyers market boys. I think I'm going to put a 32" in my shop.

13. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

14. crepitus

crepitus I gots nuthin

Sony's customer serive is 100x better than Samsung. I have a couple Samsung LCDs now and really enjoy them. I just fear for the day they have an issue.

15. kaoyagi

kaoyagi Well-Known Member

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

get this one

[​IMG]

17. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

OK...so...if you can get a 50-55in 1080p plasma for less than a 240hz LCD or LED and about the same as a 120hz LCD or LED, why wouldn't you go with the plasma? Room isn't very dark during the day. Gotta have a good picture for watching sports (football, hockey, racing). I've got plenty of space (currently have a 55" Mitsu rear projection with a beautiful picture, but, it's a bit of a dinosaur).

18. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

No reason. I've got a 50-inch plasma and it rocks.

19. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Why not plasma?

20. Phat Chance

Phat Chance Silence, I kill you!

After a couple of months of research, I bought the Newest Sony KDL-60NX810 it is a Great unit with all the latest bells and whistles. The 3D is awesome, (the kids love that part) We got the best deal from HHGregg and after some serious haggling they sold the tv for $3495.00 down from $4995 or what ever the list is supposed to be. The TV is has 240hz refresh rate, and 1080p, internet viewing, and when coupled to the new Sony Blu-ray 3D player the video is incredible. The down side to the super sharp pictures is... I didn't know all those actors were so damn ugly! My old Sony 54" XBR rear projection circa 1993 has been a wonderful unit and Sony support is tops in the business!!!

Another option is the Same Sony TV in the 55" (KDL-55NX810) version and it is $1000 less for all the same gadgets. HHGregg was offering a package deal with this TV that included the 3D Blu-ray player and 2 pairs of 3D Glasses for $2800