1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nausea

Discussion in 'General' started by racerx13, Jul 16, 2008.

1. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

These past few races/trackdays my son has been feeling very nauseous after every session. He always comes in and says he feels like he needs to throw up but usually never can. What i find weird is when he is motocrossin' he NEVER experiences nausea.

Anyone get nauseous like my son? Just trying to find explanations so we can move forward and try to get all this solved.

Thank you in advance!

2. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

I'd start with hydration, but maybe he needs to concentrate on his breathing while he's out there. I find if I don't sometimes I can get a little woozy.

3. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

normally I feel like I have to go poo just before a race... not sure why but it goes away as soon as the flag drops.

nausea can be hydration, nerves, etc. Is the gas tank venting right into his helmet when riding?

4. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Fumes from race exhaust? What are they using for fuel in MX these days?

5. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

We're using the same fuel in our motocross bike as our roadrace bike.

He is always hydrated at the races

6. pouchkangaroo

pouchkangaroo Banned

It's pee for me. But i figure it's just from the adrenalin rush.

7. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

sounds like nerves to me...

8. paistes5

Well, tell him to go faster so that he isn't inhaling fumes from the bike in front of him. :D

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You're just scared shitless, bitch.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Talk to him about the remembering to breath thing but it could just be adrenaline if he's getting hyped up out there. Breathing tho seems most likely.

11. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Agreed. :D

12. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

if I feel I have to go poo, wouldn't that be shitfull? :D

13. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

So, you are saying you are full of shit? :Poke:

14. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I've never denied that :p

15. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

nerves for the pre-session pee/poo reflex, breathing/cardio for the post-track nausea

lMuch easier to get out of breath and nauseous from exertion if you're holding your breath a lot

16. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Hydration needs to start before he gets to the track for the weekend. Also it could be fumes and the fact that he is wearing a full face helmet that is not as ventilated as a MX helmet.

17. pouchkangaroo

pouchkangaroo Banned

That would reasonbly explain why once the flag is down at least he is going fast enough for fear not to catch up to him or his arse :Poke:

18. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I'm not comfortable with you talking about my arse... Now Papa, that's a different story :D

19. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Sounds like breathing to me. I would think that the dirtbike riding provides a lot of adrenaline just like the roadracing/riding so it shouldn't be that. I could be wrong though.

I get hyped on adrenaline just trying to ride that damn DRZ of mine. :D

20. paistes5

Pouch, he's going so slow that fear passed him. :crackup: