1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MyLaps

Discussion in 'General' started by DAL, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I actually would, still don't get why if we're so horrible at what we do why they continue to race with us. I know that if I were treated as badly as these guys say we treat them I'd never give my money to that business ever again. Since they do and of course there is the huge amount of riders that either don't complain or when they do they have very valid concerns that we of course address, my only conclusion is they are full of shit and just like whining to hear themselves. I blame it all on bad parenting. Some people have raised some of the most spoiled brats imagineable that feel they deserve to have their every whim catered to immediately... Oh well, the good ones far, far, far outweigh the bad and for them I'll be heading in to the office tomorrow and getting the files I need to post times etc.

2. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Did you just say something about my mama?!?

3. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I'm just shocked that people are complaining about a 6 to 7 day turnaround this time....this year the stuff has been posted amazingly fast.

4. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I think peoples expectations were raised well beyond that when we purchased transponders.

* Not to say I'm one of them. Until I start winning I'm not going fast enough.....obviously! :mad:

5. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Even with the transponders I would still think 1 week is good....we are talking multiple races in one weekend all over the country.

6. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

You ain't winning the d stuff?

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I've been fighting off the urge all day to post that the information is now up on mylaps, only to have folks rush over to see they are not...ha ha ha...made you look...juvenile, I freely admit...

8. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

No, but I'm trying real hard.....is there a trophy for that? :D

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As well they should have - but until I get more people better trained on the in the field end of it I'm not going to add the online portion onto their plates. To most of our racers it's much more important to have scoring done properly and less so when it's on the internet.

So in the meantime you guys get them hourly as with the Fontana race, and it takes a week when I have to drive across the country and the results are waiting on me at the office. To all of the people who actually understand this but still hope to see their results as soon as possible I apologize and it won't happen again since I'm not driving west again this year.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hell no! Any mother that raised you and can still keep you in line and get away with calling you unmentionable things scares the heck outta me! Of course that's the way parents should be, not friends, but parents - unconditional love and an ass whuppin when necessary.

11. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

Yes, according to Rossi it is a wooden medal. :) How cool would it be to get one of his replica helmets with the wooden 4 on it.

Hey Mongo, don't care much about the mylaps since I am there and get them when I am there, but why ain't you flyin'. Gotta be cheaper than driving counting the time and all.

12. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

Hey Buck why weren't you at Summit? Come to think of it I didn't see Joe or Swede either I don't think.

13. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

just to keep the hostility level up where it belongs:

hey strick...i was just trying to point out that dal had only 8 posts on this board at the time he asked the questions....i was assuming that he didn't know the in's and out's of searching, let alone remembering what posts happened before he even go here. no need to rip on the guy.

hey mongo...maybe if you'd spend less time here reading our bbs shit, justifying how little time you have, and showing that you are the ruler of all by kicking people off and spent more time in the service part of wera (entering points and results and finding technologies that make all of this stuff as automatic as possible) we'd all be better off. i don't doubt that you are busy, just letting you know the perception from my viewpoint. (and i think the term is beckoned call...not beck and call)

btw, all the above was typed with a great big loving smile on my face.

14. Strick

Strick Good to be king

I know what you were pointing out, I just think that if he would have looked for a minute or 2 he would have seen that the question was asked and answered quit a few times.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

jig - if I thought I could leave you guys alone for a while I would. Actually I spend more time here at home than at the office, Got too much going on there to really surf much even if it is part of the job. I try and get caught up in the morning before heading over and then do more here at night when I'm watching TV or whatever. I have some serious inside work to do to get technology accepted, still have people doing database work in d-baseIII in the office which makes it very hard....

16. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

mongo...if it were easy, we would do it, and wouldn't need you.:Poke:

17. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

Ick, blech blargh... d-baseIII... Could at least use 4D.. Two magic words.. Web Services...

-Steve

18. slow rider

slow rider Well-Known Member

I would really have to disagree with this statement. I have been more than happy with WERA However, with any service there will be complaints. Since we are all voicing our opinions on the transponder situation; What's the deal with the $100 fine if we make a little mistake? I mean, c'mon. I have 1 transponder between my 2 bikes, if I should happen to forget to switch them over, even for practice, I am subject to an unreasonable (in my opinion) fine? I know that someone has to manually score at that point, but weren't we already paying for that service??? Not to mention, entry fee's have increased in the past couple years. I understand the increase in cost, due to inflation, but why are we being penalized for something we had to pay extra for? (manditory transponders)
    As for the delay for Summit.... what can you do, they have a long trip. I'm just as eager as the rest of you guys to see the shitty times I put down. There's only one cross country event this season, let them freakin' enjoy the roadtrip for Christ's sake! Besides, the rest of the events have been posted in a timely manner thusfar.

19. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

From reading your own reply's in other threads, you said that you hated the way people would act like idiots on the internet and they wouldn't do it while in person.

So does that mean that you would walk up in someone's face and start talking like you did in that reply? I would like to be there for that.

I just thought it was rather funny how you bitch and moan about people acting stupid and then you turn around and do the exact same thing.:rolleyes:

20. DAL

DAL Active Member

Well I guess that I am just an ass, so I will apoligize for the fact that I was not aware that there are only 4 employees in WERA. I guess that I assumed that an organization that is a big as WERA had more employees. Also, I do not think that you have nothing else to do, I was just hoping that what the gentleman who was setting up the transponders at the first few races told me. He, I suppose that he was the Mylaps representative told me that it was a simple download and should be up before I got home from the track. I also suppose I should have realized that this could not be true. Now here is my real reason for making this post. It is true that I am new to this organization and had only made 8 posts prior to starting this thread. It is also true that I could take my money and bike and go to CCS, but that is not what I want to do and I will not. I have found that I like everyone that I have come in contact with in this organization, even you Sean. I met you at VIR and thought you did a great job that day. I didn't realize that the thread that I started would turn out to be such a hate fest. I have read and re-read my original post and do not see where such anger in the replies comes from. What has gone on in the past is neither my fault or concern. I simply voiced a concern without calling anyone names or asking them to take their business elsewhere. I will continue to race with WERA and simply make this my 11th and last posting. Have a nice day!!! I truly mean that, no BS!!!!!!