1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MyLap X2 question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by sdiver, Apr 30, 2018.

1. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

I just purchased a MyLap X2 (AMB) rechargeable transponder a few weeks ago. Registered it, charged it, was all ready to go or so I thought. Got to the track and it would not ping, nor would several others who all had new transponders.

My question is around charging. Do these require charging right before the event? Or do they turn themselves off and back on in the presence of an activation loop? Since I did not see an activation loop, my guess is these transmit all the time and after a few days just die.

It's that or I got a bad battery.

2. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

OK it seems that once charged the stay on until they run out of juice in 4-5 days. Which means charging right before the event.

3. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

Correct, sync up online and charge the day before. We have found the charge lasts about 4 days.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They're always on. The TranX260 has a way to put them to sleep but the X2 does not that I know of. So yes, they will run down.

When you're charging they should blink red once a second or so - that is under the valve stem cap on the transponder itself. When that goes solid green you have a full charge. When you take the race key off it will flash green the number of days you have left - each flash is 24 hours, red flash (one per second) means you have 12-24 hours left, solid red means less than 12 left.

You need to hook it to the computer and run the MyLapsConnect program before every race weekend. It just tells the transponder that yes you the registered owner still have it and it is still activated. You aren't buying a new year long lease or anything but you absolutely need to do this or it won't work. I do not have a race key or cable but I do have the program and can do it for you if you know your login info.

sdiver likes this.
  5. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Thanks!