1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my story

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by David-imoddavid, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Harsh shit dude. Glad you're able to talk about it and help others.

2. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

I love racers. I think what separates Motorcycle Roadracers from other athletes is that we've not only learned what is important, but also how to deal with what happens in the worse case scenario. If you break a bone it will heal. People who race know that the ante to the sport is your life, and knowing that, in my opinion, allows racers to be some of the most compassionate and supportive people on the planet. Time and time again I watch racers do the unconceivable (to me) on a bike, and when they get it wrong, I then watch their fellow racers pick up the pieces, pack up the gear and make time to get the hospital to check on them.

David, I think Motorcycle Roadracers are acutely wired to deal with this stuff and help people. We know how bad some stuff can hurt, and have the ability to transfer that compassion to other people. Which in my mind is really what people need sometimes. At other times people need to hear "Keep you chin down and hands up, and get back to the fight to get well."

I don't know what it is that you need, but I can say this...Keep you chin down and hands up, and get back to the fight to get well.

:up:

3. David-imoddavid

David-imoddavid Well-Known Member

I want to post up concerning progress so here goes.

Speaking out last Nov was the right thing for me to do. It was not an easy day. There was a wide range of emotions coming out of me but it was surely the right move for me. I do not put much faith in 'feelings" as they will lie to you. That is 'feelings' cannot be trusted to tell you truth. With that said finding a word to describe isn't working. So I say now that the molestation doesn't 'feel' like it's a defineing part of me anymore. It seems like something that 'happened' but is no longer part <i>of </i> me.

I have become willing to talk to others about dealing with being molested also. I've even started to look for openings to do so.

On the down side, I learned through research that molested kids either stop growing emotionally or have that growth stunted. That's me currently. At least I am aware of it and can take steps to grow and not act in such a way as to embarress myself - except for spelling...

To the folks reading this that have been molested I encourage you to at least start talking about it. The emotions are going away by themselves and there is healing and peace to be had. Yours is the first move.

I don't think this process is over for me and I'll post up again as things change.

Ya'll take care of each other - go Ben...

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Excellent. If there is anything anyone in this group can do, don't hesitate to ask. They are the most generous dysfunctional group I have ever run across.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid:

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:confused:

7. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Seriously.

The guy deserves nothing but praise for coming forward and wanting to help others.

8. blueduc37

blueduc37 Well-Known Member

Shame grows in the dark; and shrivels and dies in the light of day.

You are doing the right thing.

Good job brother.

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Yep.

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

David, I know that you are going through a mighty tough time trying to figure out how to proceed with your life. You can have all the questions in the world but it's not usually within the scope of an average person to know how to find all the answers. If I might suggest, (if you haven't already) find a professional counselor that does know how to get those answers and talk with them. It might very well open up some doors within your own mind. Talking to other victims is good but you also need to take care of yourself.

Stay strong. :beer:

11. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:up:

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Great advice. You don't have to muddle through this process and re-invent the wheel. Sounds like you're doing a pretty good job, good for you.