1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my LIFE WAS GOIN GOOD TILL MONDAY NIGHT.

Discussion in 'General' started by Blackgt76, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Blackgt76

Blackgt76 Well-Known Member

Im on my chopper riding home, its about 70 degrees out so im thinking this is the last time ill take it out for the year. Going through an intersection some retard decides to make a left turn in front of me and here is the result.

09 Chopper ruined, my foot is broken in 4 spots and have 3 torn ligaments. Had operation tuesday morning and ended up with 3 screws and one pin that is supposed to come out in 2 weeks.

Last night i could move my ankle and whiggle my toes which i think is a great improvement.

Here are some pics

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  2. APCh8r

APCh8r Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that, hope you have a speedy recovery.

3. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

damn man. Sorry yo hear. Heal up

4. sk8rat

sk8rat Well-Known Member

heal up quick bro thisis why i hate the streets so much retarded mofos

5. Blackgt76

They wanted to keep me in the hosp till friday, i left wed, doc said 3 months beforei can step on it, ill be walking in a month

6. Blackgt76

Guy said he never saw me lol, my chopper is about 9.5 feet long, has no baffle in the exhaust, sounds like a train coming down the rd, not sure how someone cant see it or hear it.

7. shaugdog

shaugdog Pimpalicious

That's crazy, your forks look like limp noodles! Glad you are relatively ok, heal up fast and fix that chopper!

8. Blackgt76

Thanks fellas, anyone have a similar foot injury?? REcovery time? Long term probs?

9. VintageWannabe

VintageWannabe Diggin Deep

I think you can still ride that thing... :eek:

Sorry, hate to hear it. Hope you heal up well and get back to riding soon.

10. kangasj

kangasj Banned

I think there are some attorneys who hang out on this board :D....n heal quick!

11. D-Swens

D-Swens sniffin paint fumes

Sorry to hear, I know it sucks pretty bad that the whole thing happened, but consider yourself very lucky that you ended up as well as you did.:up:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  12. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

not anymore! :D

heal up. :up:

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't push it too much seriously. All you'll do by rushing now is mess yourself up more long term.

14. naya the dingo

naya the dingo Well-Known Member

Really, a little extra recovery time would be better than a fused ankle.

15. drew231506

drew231506 Zero sponsors

I think the bike looks better now. :p

Sorry to hear you got hurt, glad youre here to heal up though. At least it's winter now...and I guess it was indeed the last ride of the year for you.

Get better.

16. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

Feet take a long time to heal. There's poor blood flow down there, and they take constant punishment. Don't push it or you'll be paying for it for a long time.

17. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

:stupid:

Sorry to hear about your accident

18. Blackgt76

Thanks guys, im not trying to push it, i would just like to be self sufficient like i was prior to the accident. Moving around with a walker sucks bad. Im not looking to run a marathon, just looking to walk even if its slow and with a limp

19. Blackgt76

Anyone with similar injury? long term probs?

20. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

I had a similar thing happen to me. T-boned in an intersection. I did not break any bones, but smashed every muscle, tendon, and ligament in both of my ankles. I could not walk for 2 months. I took the first year veeeeeeery slow. No running, sudden turns, kicking soccer ball, etc. That was over 5 years ago and now I have no trouble running or playing soccer. I have 99% full range of motion in both ankles now, but that took several years. Seriously, take your time recovering. You have the rest of your life to walk on those things!