1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My chick wants a scooter

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Apr 18, 2021.

1. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

A 50 because she hasn’t got a lisc yet?
    Look at a Kymco Like. Better quality than the china bikes with Vespa knock off design.
    If you just want a gateway drug get a china 50 and do a 47mm big bore. It goes up to 77cc and will actually pull a hill.
    I’d talk her into taking MSF and moving up to the 150/200 class scoots. 70mph and 90 mpg

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Wife's got a 400 Burgman Type S that just went over 10,000 miles. I put a pipe on it and a K&N in it when she got it, does an honest 90 checked with a gps.

3. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

get her a Lambretta with an RD350 in it...

[​IMG]

Jedb, RichB, rd400racer and 3 others like this.
  4. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Just because it's her bike doesn't mean you shouldn't be allowed to have your part in it. Have one of these put in so you get to enjoy the scoot too

Metro is cheap and it will start every time.

motoracer1100 likes this.
  5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I watched a few videos on that twin build. I can't imagine what it will cost the guy that wants it. I think he is in Miami.

6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Larger diameter wheels are more stable. Might be a worthy consideration when deciding on a particular model.

7. Ellwood

Ellwood Well-Known Member

Take a look at the Yamaha Vino 125. Classic scooter styling with Yamaha build quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

That Italjet Dragster I posted a little while back would hit 65 on flat land and hold it with me on it at 185-190 lbs in college. Stock scooter with 49cc IIRC.

9. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Your "chick"? God it was like 50 years ago on my local radio station, the DJ said the station was looking for "a chick" to work in the front office. A bevy of feminists stormed the place and dumped boxes of baby chickens in the studio. I heard it live! :D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That thing is ugly as shit!!! look at how cute a metropolitan is and tell me any girl would pick your suggestion.

Get her what she wants that Honda will hold it’s value, I wanted one, but cheap ass me ended up with a Honda spree for $400. Similar style.

Someone mentioned the Yamaha Vino and it also has the same great look as a Metropolitan.

11. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I sell scooters every day of the week.
    I am a dealer for Vespa, Piaggio, genuine and kymco.

feel free to look at their offerings and if any appeals to her, message me or text me at 850-637-5838 and I’ll get you your WERA discount.

we ship bikes daily across the country or if you’re near an American flat track race I’ll personally deliver.

12. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

The metro is super nice, however it’s dog shit slow. Like 30mph downhill with the wind at your back.

mid she’s neighborhood cruising then it’s perfect. We get those on trade fairly often. That’s literally the only downside to them is they are slow as fuck.

13. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest a Yamaha Smax but if retro styling is her thing this is the best idea so far

14. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Shit, I’m halfway close to you right now on vacation, but transport home would be an issue lol. I hadn’t put much research into it because it’s her deal, but I did not realize the Metro is a 4 stroke 49cc. That’s pretty damn weak. I assumed 2 stroke.

Im trying to keep her under 50cc for the license deal, but she’s not opposed to taking a MSF course.

15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Isn't there also a Vino 50?

16. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

No more 2 strokes. 50cc 4 strokes will be weak for sure. Take the course and get her something from Robby’s lineup. She’ll be the leader of the pack on those estrogen rides instead of struggling at the rear.

17. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Hah! Well she is very competitive so I know the 50 is gonna be a deal breaker.

18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

In my opinion the the 4 stroke 50's are so gutless they're unsafe. Sometimes you need a little acceleration.

19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Except for the Vespa/Piaggo 4 valve 4 stroke.

Sabre699 likes this.
  20. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Get her in MSF and put her on a 150. She’ll be much happier in the end.
    With the added bonus of she’ll have a bike lisc when she wants to learn to shift.