1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My chick wants a scooter

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I’m very supportive of this, I’m trying to turn it into a gateway drug for motorcycles lol. Couple of her friends have them and they’re making themselves into a fake little scooter gang. She’s pretty much settled on a Honda Metropolitan. Tried talking her into a Zuma, but no dice on the styling.

Anything else she should be considering?

Anyone in the industry wanna sell me one of these things cheap? Lol

2. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Start small. :crackup:

B3057196-E387-4A0E-B316-B5078A55CB80.png

BigBird likes this.
  3. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

I have an Aprilia SR50...2 stroke fuel injected electric start kick Ass brakes..i humbly suggest that...the current iteration of it is in motard form and it is a 4 stroke.
    Edit: mine is a 2013. I believe that was the last year for 2 strokes in this country.

4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Second this. Cool scoots. I have a 2 stroke Zuma I keep at the beach. Only reason that won out over the Aprilia is the floor pan is flat vs. the arched one on the Aprilia so I can carry a case of beer back from the store.
    Priorities and all.

5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

How about a panhead?
    [​IMG]

The Todd likes this.
  6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the injection doesnt age well on those and be prepared for sticker shock when it stops working... just FYI.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

8. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I had one too. Awesome scoots, for sure. Can’t sell her on the styling. She wants that old Vespa look.

Sabre699 likes this.
  9. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

I had one of those $800 Chinese 125's,, put about 6k miles on it before selling it. Brakes and suspension sucked but I didn't expect too much for the price.

Here's mine buried in a hedge smh lol

IMG_1284.jpg

10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Woman driver...oh well.

R1M370 likes this.
  11. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

get her the Metro...if you want it to be a gateway to motorcycling, then get her what she wants and what she wants to ride (Besides the Scott-A-Conda).

It will progress from there. My GF had a blast rippin' around Nelson Ledges last year on my Zuma.....now...she's got a Ninja 400.....it's baby steps...but
    it will come.

Scotty87 and BigBird like this.
  12. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Vespa 4 valve engine will eat a Metro alive. Everything is better : suspension and brakes too. Small displacement scooters is one place where the Italians dominate the Japanese. Unless you can find a Japanese 2 stroke which are getting rare.

Phl218 likes this.
  13. TurboBlew

if you get a 50cc vespa get the pre 2005 ones with the zuma engine (best of both... Italian style and Japanese power. 4 stroke 50ccs are terrible on surface streets.
    Or get a new Genuine Buddy... its 2T powered.

14. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Zuma 2 stroke engines are Italian design. Just manufactured elsewhere.

15. TurboBlew

I was under the impression Yamaha purchased them many moons ago and made some tweaks.

16. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I dunno about tweaks, other than for emissions. I was not aware of the Yamaha ownership. But it is no longer.

About us - Motori Minarelli

TurboBlew likes this.
  17. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

picture of chick first so we know what scooter to recommend?

18. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Italjet Dragster is a pretty sweet little scooter. I had one back in college.

ITALJET_Dragster-2005_main.jpg

motion and Phl218 like this.
  19. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Try not to be a know-it-all and let her get what she wants? :)

The level of minutiae y'all are debating is so inconsequential, let alone to a new rider.

Yzasserina likes this.
  20. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

Genuine Rattler 50 - real handlebars that you can hang things off of. The Taiwanese stuff is generally better than the mainland Chinese stuff.

I have over 1000 miles on mine. Bought it for hopping around Denver (you can legally park them on sidewalks.) Absolute blast around town.

Lots of potential if you want to start breathing on it. :D