1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my 2012 Pikes Peak International hill climb race video

Discussion in 'General' started by hcr25, Sep 18, 2012.

1. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

you have to qualify for this to actually race it, yes? or can you just pay the fee, show up and run?

what's the "weekend" like, as far as practices, tech, staging, etc?

2. hcr25

hcr25 Well-Known Member

This year at least for the sportbikes they asked for your racing history/race resume. I know of at least one guy who tried to enter that they did not let race because of lack of racing experience.
    There was qualifying but that was to determine starting order. My guess is that 2013 might bring some changes on who they let race. In my personal opinion a few guys probably should not have been there. They were not in my class but I rode with them during practice. If there was a perfect race line painted up the mountain they wouldnt find it. I saw more then one ride the double yellow line to the top. Im not trying to bash but that is not what the race is about or what the spectators pay $40-$50 each to see.

Its basically a week long event. Tuesday is tech and rider meetings. Weds & Thurs is practice for middle and top of mountain. Friday is qualifying on bottom half of mountain. The race is on Sunday but there is talk of a two day event next year.

3. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

Sweeeet. Looking forward to seeing it.

4. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Great vid, thanks for sharing. I'm sure Dean will like the D2 Cycles bump! -Snack

5. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

6. marty738

marty738 MRA #738

Basic Registration Info

http://www.usacracing.com/ppihc/competitors/registration

I rode a RS125 in the 250 class last year and it is by far and away the coolest thing I have ever done on a bike! Buzzing through the trees on my track bike and crossing the yellow line going from shoulder to shoulder without the fear of getting creamed by a car was a dream come true! With 150+ turns, you will encounter every conceivable type of turn out there. On and off camber, elevation changes, really fast sweepers and turns so slow that I almost stalled trying to feather the clutch through the turns