1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MV Augusta

Discussion in 'General' started by Alex_V, Jul 30, 2012.

1. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

Porsche 911's from the last 40 years or so really do all look nearly identical to me. I can sort of tell the older ones from the newer, but not within a decade.
    I don't see how anyone can not tell the difference between the two MV's, the styling is similar but they're obviously very different bikes.
    Also, why would you double down on the ZX12R/ZX10R comparison? Just because the manufacturer produced a different model of motorcycle at some point in the last 20 years in no way furthers whatever argument you're trying to make. It's literally apples and oranges. Ya gotta let this one go.

2. Holy fucking shit. How many times does it need to be said? Because there wasn't a ZX10 in 1998. We were working with a 20 year span, and the closest thing was the ZX12.

I could have used a 2004, and it would have also made the point because the bike has changed drastically since then. But as an FYI, 2004 wasn't 20 years ago.

3. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

You're right, come to think of it. The 2018 Chevy Camaro doesn't look anything like the 2003 Corvette, a perfect comparison since there was no 2003 Camaro. Drastic styling changes!

pscook likes this.
  4. That's enough.

5. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

Are you sure you supervise actual people offshore? From what I've seen you'd last about 5 minutes where I work.

6. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Broome's right, MV hasn't changed the F4's design but, like papa, I'm glad they didn’t! :D
    They could have brought much more essential updates, like Aprilia does with the RSV4, but if all those limited editions make them money it's OK with me. I'm never gonna ride an F4, I might own one someday for my living room's decoration.

Modern Carreras are so beautiful!

For the record :
    The ZX10R 's predecessor was the zx9r

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Kawi started making ZX10's I believe in 1988 actually, however you're correct that by 1998 they weren't making them - they were still following Honda's lead by using the 900ish cc platform for their large bikes with the ZX9.

The rest of your argument I'm 100% on board with though - MV has milked Tamburini's design dry - time to clean slate it LOOONG ago...

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Oh shit. Shots fired.

#Ferguson #handsup #nuclearcodes

rcarson15 likes this.
  9. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

The R6 barely had until this past year when they ended up copying a mini version of their other bike. The GSXR hardly has since 2004 either except for in the same way as the MV. You keep harping on the time period when we all know you didn't even know motorbikes existed in the 90s and you're wikipedia'ing facts.

My other point you missed was, I expect a boutique firm to have less updates than a large company who isn't even making updates. Flew over your head I guess.

To paraphrase a rap song you probably also don't know in reference to you crying about their product life cycle: "MV so ahead of its time, its parents haven't met yet." When your claim to fame is graphics and plastic, you gotta update a lot. When its craftsmanship, not so much. The first 8 years of its life was everyone else playing catch-up.

10. What is your fucking problem? We are talking about changes of styling or lack thereof, but yet you keep trying to make it personal and throwing out bullshit personal attacks.

If you want to discuss bikes, have at it. If you want to keep that bullshit up, you can fuck off. I am getting tired of your shit.

11. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

As a long-time MV owner, I really am proud of how much passion is being displayed here. :P

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't even know what you're arguing here but using the ZX-12R to support your case made as much sense as using a 1999 Hayabusa because the GSXR1000 only came out in 2001.

13. The point I was making is that in the 20 years MV hasn’t changed the styling on their bike, Kawi has put out multiple iterations and generations of their bike, all of which are drastically different.

The ZX12R available 20 years ago was the closest thing to the ZX10R.

If you prefer, then look at the 2004 ZX10R and compare it. It isn’t from 20 years ago, but it still makes the point.

Or don’t look at it. I really don’t give a damn at this point. It isn’t hard for anyone to look at the pictures and get the point, as several people have done. Then other people would rather be argumentative and pick shit apart just for the sake of arguing.

14. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

This just isn't true. The modern ZX-10R was created on its own as a response to the FIM and AMA superbike class displacement change from 750cc to 1000cc, if memory serves. The ZX-12R was developed to compete with the Suzuki Hayabusa as a heavyweight hyper-touring bike. Comparing the two is literally the same as comparing a GSXR-1000 to a Hayabusa. Or comparing a 911 to a Cayenne, if you will.

15. Ok

By the way, thanks for making my point in the last paragraph of that post.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You can get annoyed all you want, you're the one who introduced nonsensical arguments into the discussion. I said from the start but it was a good thing that the MV retained its general styling over the years. What I said was bullshit was your specious comparison with the Porsche 911, which contradicts directly the point you were trying to make. As for Kawasaki, it's not my fault that you thought that the ZX-10R replaced the ZX-12R in the model range (again, something introduced to the discussion on your own). The 12 was replaced by the ZX-14. So don't talk to me about being argumentative. It's all on you.

Sweatypants likes this.
  17. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

Erm, no. Please read it again, I did exactly the opposite. I'm pointing out that you're trying to compare completely different vehicles.

18. I don’t give a shit about any of that. The point was the MV hasn’t changed the styling in 20 years. So I grabbed the first google images of a current MV and one from 20 years ago. Then I grabbed the first images of the Kawi from 20 years ago and today. Same thing I did with the Porsche’s.

I didn’t give a shit enough to take time to research which models replaced which models and why they were made and everything else. And I still don’t give a shit.

The rest of this bullshit is just that. The point was made, and several other people got it. All the rest of it is senseless arguing for the sake of arguing, because the original point was made a long time ago.

19. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Y’all still arguing about this? Who’s gonna back down first? We got anTombstone style stand-off here...

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's not even an argument. I'm just watching him punch that road sign. :D

Sweatypants likes this.