1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MV Augusta

Discussion in 'General' started by Alex_V, Jul 30, 2012.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Sweet black baby Jesus! :clap:

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Man if they could fix a lot of internal issues, the bikes are fucking great!!!

Being a dealer is a pain in my ass!

TLR67 likes this.
  3. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Ducshop in Marietta is now a dealer. Ask for Mark. Tell him Stan sent you. (I’m part-owner at Ducshop)

4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

He should youtube Russian Car Crashes. He may change his mind.

5. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

6. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Holy hell those are insane prices. I love the looks and sound of the 675/800.

7. Sweatypants

no bullshit, i thought it was a joke at first. real tempted but i'm trying to stay the course with focusing on my projects.

BigBird likes this.
  8. VTRDarren

VTRDarren Well-Known Member

My local moto repair shop (not mv dealer) has a nice Senna on the floor. Consignment it seems. So choice.

9. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

10. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

From what I have seen watching youtubes on driving in Russia. Most of the drivers are batshit blind and drunk. Or both. Unbelievable how bad they drive.

11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

All their ridiculous special editions lose a shitton of value as soon as they exit the dealership. I saw a used one on a showroom floor that was initially worth $60 000 being advertised for $23 000 with 2000 kms on it lol. But I must admit that black and gold looks bitchin'.

12. Looks exactly like every MV F4 for the past 20 years, except painted black and with uglyass wheels.

13. What am I missing? What is so good about that deal?

It is gone now, but it was an almost 5 year old bike, selling for almost $9,000. Hell, you can get a brand new ZX6R for damn near that price.

14. Sweatypants

they were brand new. and Kawis are made out of melted down children's plastic toys... so there's that. and they don't look like a bag of dicks, so there's also that. may some BMW headlights be thrust upon thy house!

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, they've been looking gorgeous for 20 years. Why should they mess with it?

16. I will admit they were beautiful when they came out 20 years ago, especially compared to everything else. Back then, motorcycles looked like glued together boxes on a set of wheels. The MV actually looked like art.

But fuck. At some point you should consider coming out with some new shit.

Ducati has made multiple different gorgeous bikes over the 20 years the MV has looked the fucking same. Its like the damn "one hit wonder" of the motorcycle world. It was badass when it came out, but shit.

17. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I’ll give Broome and Papa one point each.

Valid points on each account.

Deduct one point from Mv for making the same shit for 10 years and still not having most stuff in stock.

Ra.Ge. Raptor, scottn, Bruce and 2 others like this.
  18. Sweatypants

because you don't even change your own oil... i think its hard for you to fully appreciate all the little CNC machining of even the most minute stupid bracket or part that's buried under 3 other things so you hardly ever even see it on an MV that shows the attention to detail and quality that they operate under at the core of the company. lesser so in the more recent years, but still. i appreciate the craftsmanship of the thing in of itself. bike still looks the bee's knees irrelevant to that factoid. i guess porsches suck cause the shape has hardly changed in 50 years. aston martin should get rid of its grill shape...

it ain't the lightest of its bunch ever, but its damn pretty. every time.

rcarson15 likes this.
  19. They could still do every damn bit of that with a different body style.

Nobody said you have to let your quality and/or attention to detail go to shit just because you changed styling.

Of course a car from 20 years ago is going to have the same basic shape as a car now. Just like every truck is shaped like every other truck. They all have the same number of doors in the same location, the trunk or bed, etc. But they don’t look EXACTLY the same.

Hell, MV hasn’t even moved or changed the exhaust.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There is something to be said for living shit alone when it's right. And I'm just talking about the way they look, here. The quest for always changing stuff (again, just talking about the looks) is the reason abominations like modern GSXRs happen.

Anyway, I don't even get the complaints. Thanks to them, there's stuff on the market for everyone. For people who love beautiful objects, and for people who want new stuff all the time.

Ricky-Bobby, how many points for this?

Sweatypants likes this.