1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

music for roadracers

Discussion in 'General' started by timspeed, Jan 20, 2001.

1. CharlieM#90

CharlieM#90 Well-Known Member

Thank you Sean!!! If I want to listen to live music, I'd go to a concert. I don't need more fees for extra stuff that I don't give a damn about at the track..........

Charlie Mc #90

2. timspeed

timspeed Well-Known Member

Thanks for your input charlie, I really wanted to know both sides of the field. Until you I only got encouragement from poeple. It is just an idea at this point to be kicked around, but a social event would help us all to gather and meet each other. I had never asked for a woodstock or anything like that.
    Hey mongo, what about a swap meet? Are we nice enough people to have one of those without messing something up? I could only see problems with people getting sour deals but maybe it would be benificial for the most part.

3. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Who would want to meet CharlieM#90 anyway? He's just someone else to drink beer and benchrace with...

4. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Hey Mongo! Wasn't someone from Road A talking about doing this in '98? There was talk of a roadrace, swap meet, and a country rock band. What happened? My suspicions are that he doesn't work at Road A anymore.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

LOL - that was Bill. No one ever wanted to organize the swap meet and we couldn't get it accomplished with people that already run them. The bike show happened and was kind of cool, don't know whatever happened with a band. Another good idea implemented badly.

6. timspeed

timspeed Well-Known Member

I realize that the awards banquet is the big wera get together but a lot of guys head for home before it starts. I also recall an entry fee for that shin-dig. If people would pay to see most racers accept trophies with cheesy speeches and have a chicken leg, maybe a barbeque wouln't be such a bad idea. Lots of organizations have them as fund raisers anyway. You said that wera didn't have the funds for a music event. Ever have one of those? I see fire companys put together these cinder-block foundations and make coal beds that they grill over all day. Mmmmm, I sure would pay for some BBQ bird with a tatoe' and a cold coke. Think about it and let me know, is it a good idea or should we all stay within our own canopy communities?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Another good idea but then we run into serious problems with the tracks since they have exclusive deals set up with the cencession stands and no outside food can be brought in and sold. And on those rare off weekends we are usually too busy getting caught up with the normal household chores to organize more events...

I'll check on it though and see if there are places we could do somehting like that (just don't hold your breath unless your bike is blue too).