1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

music for roadracers

Discussion in 'General' started by timspeed, Jan 20, 2001.

1. timspeed

timspeed Well-Known Member

I think I have a cool idea but need some info first. Tell me what kind of music you guys like, and some favorite groups so I can see if it would be cool or not. The GNF is really a big deal for me because I get to see racers from all over the place but there is no real social interaction event there to bring us all together. Pocono cycle jam usually has concerts with chump bands, but this is the GNF. Does anybody know of a nationally famous band that has since been a "club" band that live in atlanta? I don't think it would cost too much to book a band that plays little clubs in hershey, PA every year. And I could always front some race gas for the chainsaw he plays.(hint hint) What do you guys think? Any JACKYL fans in the house??

2. Hammer-117

Hammer-117 Well-Known Member

Bring on the chainsaw!! "Destruction" would be a cool GNF song [​IMG]

3. GaTarheel

GaTarheel Well-Known Member

Jackyl definitly knows the way to Atlanta. A few years ago, some of the members played at The Outer Edge in Marietta under the name "Capt. Hamilton" (I think?) or "Capt. something-or-other". I saw them several times there. They were good! Used a different front singer. He was a madman!

4. smknjoe

smknjoe Well-Known Member

How bout some Ministry? "Jesus built my hot rod". That'd fit. Or Rage "Bulls on Parade". Course they'd probalby cost a little more. I dunno I can only take so mush of, "I'm a lumberjack baby". But I'm probably of the minority opinion here. There's gotta be some cool, local industrial bands in the Atlanta area.

5. EXPERT35

EXPERT35 Well-Known Member

Hell,Iam all for it.Nothing gets you pumped up for a race but some jams!I would gladly pay extra gate fee for a good band.

6. MARRC11

MARRC11 Well-Known Member

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT! Now you've put the idea into his head that he could be yet another vacuum cleaner tube over our wallets!

7. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Killing Joke?

My 2p worth...

8. Hammer-117

Hammer-117 Well-Known Member

Expert35.......Edit your post...NOW!! [​IMG]

9. Bruce Brown

Bruce Brown Well-Known Member

How about some AC/DC? That gets me in the frame of mind to go racing. Sorry I'm 36 and getting to be a middle aged old fart but I still like the tunes. Maybe throw in some Ted Nugent too...

10. timspeed

It just so happens that Jackyl plays in my town once every year and they have always played a cover or two including some old dirty deeds era AC/DC and a few ole steady teddy tunes as well.
    What do you say wera? Even if we promise not to burn down the restrooms?

11. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

young whippersnapper.....4 years from now you can do formula 40 in ccs with the rest of us "old farts".....unless sean starts something similar than i won't have to go "there" to go racing.(i've mentioned this before, just like when i harped about the proddie class, so change is possible as well as a good thing) [​IMG]

12. td930

td930 Well-Known Member

BTW.....alice cooper is good [​IMG]

13. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Rage is no more until they get a new singer.

14. unabiker

unabiker Well-Known Member

Jackyl played a show here a few nights back at the local boot scootin bar for free! Didn't see it though. I was so wrapped up poofing up my mullet that I missed the show.

15. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Rob Zombie playng "Supercharger Heaven"?

16. timspeed

Well this is a good sign, but my idea was having Jackyl do a show for us at the GNF. The tricky part is getting wera to go for it. As for the rest of the favorites, we need to find a local georgia band that plays covers of your musical range. WERA, How about it?

17. projekt9

projekt9 der Klugscheißer

SEVENDUST.
    From Atlanta.
    Absolute kick-ass band.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

WERA is not the problem - the problem is paying the band and getting the track to agree to it...

We're all for it as long as it won't cost us anything - just be warned, it has been tried a few times before and failed miserably each time. I don't know what's up with bands at Pocono, when we raced there the spectators entertained themselves by dragracing, only music necessary was provided by open piped harleys [​IMG]

19. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Yeah, Sevendust would be cool. Drivin-n-Cryin are from the Atlanta area, too. They do a good show.
    And Mongo- I'm sure if we all ask real nice, the track staff would agree to a band. [​IMG]

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, we've never had a problem doing it before - it's just another one of those ideas that sounds great and if we could afford to do it as entertainment for it's own sake it would be cool but the band would cost money and we don't have any extra for that kind of expense. As with most things, money as always is the stumbling block...

And no, charging extra at the gate is NOT an option, all that would do is piss off the 90% of people through the gate that have no interest in the band.