1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mueller report is out....kind of

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Motofun352, Mar 22, 2019.

1. kangasj

kangasj Banned

As usual, get the damn government money out of it. When government spends, things get wasteful.

2. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I'd say that parents and educators (which are frequently stand in parents), instruct kids on a macro level, to buy their education more carefully. Obviously what's not working is that they are making a bad buy, right?

There are 3 universities in the UNC system that charge a constant $500 per semister for all majors. If you have college debt going forward, you are likely just dumb.

3. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

When you neither have a vested personal interest in the quality of a good or service nor the cost, what do you expect?

kangasj likes this.
  4. charles

charles The Transporter

So what about the 'brain drain' that would take place if the funds were stopped? A mind is a terrible thing to waste, you know. Perhaps barbershops could train people to be surgeons, just like they did many years ago...imagine how many poor SOB's bled out in the barber chair thanks to some nervous 'surgeon-in-training'? ( Throw in some lilac water like in that one Clint Eastwood movie).

5. charles

charles The Transporter

My good man, are you suggesting that our government employees have a lack of interest in this matter?

6. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

:rolleyes:

Jesus man, stop acting like people wouldn't go to school to be a doctor or lawyer because the government got out of education.

kangasj likes this.
  7. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Oh if they think it’s a little hot now, they are in for a big surprise :D

kangasj and jrsamples like this.
  8. charles

charles The Transporter

Oh, of course people would want to go! Don't you know, every elementary school child is taught to be "college or career ready"? Where have you been? Now, the issue is how do these aspiring professionals pay for the education?

9. Spang308

I'm suggesting they have a lack of accountability in every matter. Stamp this shit and get it off my desk. Next.
    There are two types of government workers: Lazy and criminal.
    Anyone who wants the government involved in any important aspect of their life needs their head examined.
    The thought of government run healthcare industry is laughable. Can you imagine the level of theft possible with 1/5 of the U.S. economy funneled past those assholes?
    Golly Gees Beav, what could go wrong?

10. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Much easier said than done but we are trying.

11. 600 dbl are

Outside of scholarships, you do know people (even today), work and go to school at the same time right? You can stop playing dumb anytime.

kangasj likes this.
  12. charles

charles The Transporter

Yes, of course, I did it myself many years ago, both night off campus (male gigalo) and also day work on campus...but tuition was peanuts then, not at all like today. It's impossible for many to afford it...without the loans.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Chicken and egg. Government meddling in healthcare and education have resulted in cost increases that significantly outpace inflation and wage increases. You'd almost think it was intentional.

14. charles

charles The Transporter

And while i'm on this education subject, don't many of you think that public schools need an overhaul, both academically, administratively, and financially? do we really need to spend so much giving young people the delusion that they will rise to the top because they are 'the best and the brightest'? Is the public school system the root of many of these evils we are discussing here?

15. charles

charles The Transporter

It's Bush's fault.

16. Spang308

My step son has one year left to achieve his degree in physics. He's in a co-op program to continue on with an engineering degree at Penn State. He's in the Army National Guard. He has so far only had to pay for books and the apartment he lives in off campus. Part time job plus his Army funds have covered that. He has accrued zero dept. He would have graduated by now if not for his first year being dedicated to the Army and another year deployed in Jordan. He's made good choices and they were his own. Came up with this plan on his own. Now, how can we get him victim status so he can fit in? Don't want him left out! :crackup:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    kangasj and jrsamples like this.
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I think the focus on self esteem rather than subject mastery is.

Yzasserina likes this.
  18. 600 dbl are

Wow, so the government gets involved and tuition skyrockets. Get government out and you don't think prices will drop?

kangasj likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I am curious, how are you measuring the gap as something that is growing? When has the US not been controlled by the haves more than the have nots? But by the same token, when have the have nots ever had a better chance than now of becoming haves?

I find the bickering to be amusing since it truly is over minor bullshit. Things are good overall if that is all we truly have to worry about....

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How is the opportunity not equal if any given group is starting at the same point? Or are you trying to compare rich kids to poor kids?