1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorcyclist killed at Deals Gap

Discussion in 'General' started by MGarrett50, Jul 24, 2002.

1. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

A long-time friend and part-time racer was killed Saturday, July 20th, while returning from a group ride at Deals Gap. Keith Huckabey, of Memphis, TN, was West Tennessee state director for the HSTA, a former president of the Mid-South Sport Riders, an instructor for the MSF, and has been an occasional racer with WERA. He was also father of two sons, Kyle and Logan.

I don't have all the details, but reports are that he crossed the center line in one of the twisty sections of Highway 28, went down under braking and was hit by oncoming traffic.

The funeral will be Thursday morning in Clarksville, TN. McReynolds-Nave and Larson Funeral Home in Clarksville has the details.

Keith wasn't a full-time racer, but he was instrumental in setting up past track days at Memphis Motorsports Park and worked with WERA and EBRS when they came to town. I think it's safe to say that every racer to come out of Memphis lately owes him a debt of gratitude for his efforts, his support, and his friendship.

He was a great ambassador for the sport of motorcycling and will be missed by many. Godspeed Keith.

Mark Garrett

2. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

What a tragedy. I am sorry to hear of this loss. I'll say a prayer for him and his family. Godspeed Keith.

3. mtnbkrpnk

mtnbkrpnk Broke racer.....

That is so sad. May God be with his family. My prayers are with them.

4. johnnyscans

johnnyscans Member

that is

so tragic man.. sorry for you.. and all his friends and family..
    my best friend died in a cycle wreck 5 years ago..
    so sad...

5. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I am sorry to hear of this loss. His family and friends will be in my prayers. :(

6. GAMEDIC

GAMEDIC Really Now?

7. Team Serpent

Team Serpent Jason Temme #86 WERA Lifetime Member

Condolences from the Serpent Racing Team and family. God Speed.

8. Peanut

Peanut Well-Known Member

My condolences to all his family & friends....:(

9. cincykid

cincykid Well-Known Member

Condolences from the entire Deal's Gap Racing team. Those are some risky rides through 28 and 129. Even if you are just cruising. It makes me sick to my stomach to think how 1 second its a nice ride through the twisties and then all of the sudden its over. Our thoughts are also with those he may have been riding with. I can't even imagine what they are also going through.
    May God Speed and give his family the strength to see he was needed elswhere.

:(

10. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

What an absolute tragedy. Cincykid said it well.

I don't often ride on the street for this reason.

Now that I have a one year old, things like this hit me hard. I can't imagine what his friends and family are going through.

My condolences to all.

Rodger

11. Empty Pockets Racing

Empty Pockets Racing where's my collar bone?

My condolences to his family and friends.
    Godspeed.

12. busarider54

busarider54 Member