1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorcycle Museums

Discussion in 'General' started by YamahaRick, Apr 25, 2019.

1. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

TLR67 likes this.
  2. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Lonestar motorcycle museum :flag:

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You're a friend of mine.

renegade17 likes this.
  4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

6. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

YamahaRick likes this.
  7. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

We had our company party there a couple years ago. Lots of cool bikes. I chatted with the owner for quite a while. Nice guy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ducnut likes this.
  8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Yeah, that guy is well liked and has done so much for that area. If you weren’t aware, he owns that whole triangle block of buildings and ~1/2 the block across the street to the north. It’s a nice area.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  9. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I worked for Dave Mungenast when I was a kid.
    He was a special person, hard core racer, special forces, stuntman, achieved much, never forgot where he came from (south st louis, hard blue collar working class), took care (supplied jobs/careers) to all the people he grew up with, his friends were his family.
    An important man, a kind/generous man, a successful man who treated everyone as his equal. His death was a true loss.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    YamahaRick, JBall and ducnut like this.
  10. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I was nothing more than a ding-dong kid working the parts counter, Dave was never in the motorcycle building, rarely he would stop in....he knew my face, but he didnt know me, but he was always nice/kind to me, always took time to talk/listen to all of us.
    I once told him, "Im roadracing bikes, I'm roadracing bikes...whooo Hooo!!!!!!"
    Next thing I know, he is giving me two sets of Metz Comp-K's, a Fox Twin-Clicker, and his son's Acerbis Dump can w stand.

I am just some dumb kid working in one of his buildings. But Dave was a (retired) Racer (moto-X/etc....old school Malcolm Smith, Decoster, etc).....and when he finds out this dumb/broke kid is racing, he does something Super nice and helps him. That was a BIG deal to me, I never forget that. He was truly a good/kind/generous man. He was also a RACER! <3

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  11. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar