1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorcycle dealers that don't suck...

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, May 11, 2021.

1. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

My Dad is one of the most honest and fair people I know. He owns Freewheeling in Douglasville, GA. It doesn’t look like he has what you want in stock, but it doesn’t hurt to contact them. Www.freewheeln.com

They are also hiring if anyone is looking for a job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senna, Canadian Bacon and Stumpy like this.
  2. 418

418 Expert #59

Well look who's here. :Poke::D

Thanks Paige I completely forgot about that.

Paige likes this.
  3. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

So what is a clean 3yr old crf50 worth these days?

4. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I check in here often, but not much to say lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

Call Ashley Colson at (803) 534-7022 www.hkyo.net/ in Orangeburg, SC. The online inventory says they have a 110.
    He's an all around good dude who corners low and sideways on a flattracker and buddies with some WERA people.

noles19 and 418 like this.
  6. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

I just did a quick craigslist search... wow ain't shit on there.
    saw one 2018 ttr110 for 2 grand.
    do people not use craigslist anymore? and do they still charge for listings?

7. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Matt, I checked my local guy. They have two coming in at the end of the month. MSRP plus the fees, unfortunately, will be around 3200 or so. Fees sound ridiculous, but it is what it is. Those two won’t last long btw.

418 likes this.
  8. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Right now, at least with European, shipping prices are $500-$1000 which is billed directly with the unit.
    So I am going to assume shipping on a mini would be $300-$500 depending on the bikes as I know some jap stuff comes 2 2 a crate. So basically figure at least $250-$300 on shipping. Then for "Prep" which is what we charge a flat $300 for. Thats hourly to take the bikes out of crates, assemble them, PDi, etc. Generally, on average its roughly 3-5 hours depending on the unit. Some can be "ready to sell" in 1.5-2 hours, others (Rocket 3, Tiger, etc where you have to install front wheel and lots of other crap can take 5 hours"

So lets assume it takes 1-2 hours to assemble and prep a 110.

Bare minimum, shipping $250- and prep 1.5 hours is another $150.
    So there is an easy $400 to add to the price.

On ours, we show any additional cost and breakdown because I don't play the bullshit numbers game. When someone comes in looking for a deal, I will deduct any prep charges as I can just bill that to service for our assembly guys.

stk0308 and noles19 like this.
  9. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

More than a new one MSRP. LOL

I have a fresh 2001 XR100. Just rebuilt the whole thing. New Motor, New tires, rebuilt the forks. I love blasting around the backyard on that thing.

10. zbunny

zbunny Well-Known Member

We picked up a Gas Gas 300 last month at Championship Powersports in Waussewhatever Ohio - they offered to stay late if we couldn’t make it before they closed, charged MSRP+ tax only, discounted all the accessories 25%- it was prepped and ready to go when we arrived and Doug took longer shopping than I did paying, they also happily accepted a personal check.

It was the best purchase experience we have had in quite a while- total opposite of our 6 hour Ford A plan lease fiasco the week before.

11. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

....or a 2013 WR450F with 24 miles....

12. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

The big problem is that the shops are nearing empty and there is no end in sight for the lack of new units to sell. Hard to pay your overhead and staff with nothing to sell so they are pretty much forced to mark up some of the little stuff that has basically zero margin to begin with. I have been at a few shops recently with ONE unit in stock. Its getting crazy out there.

13. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I have a basically new FMF Power Core 4 pipe I pulled off mine to make it Stock100 legal. $200 and it's yours.

14. They are only $210 new.

15. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Cheapest I've seen them is $225 and they're out of stock everywhere.

16. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Just paid MSRP for my son's CRF fiddy (over here 2534$). I saw a 2006 model for sale at 300$ less than I paid lol

17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

You (ahem...your son) would rather ride the newer version anyway. :D

cha0s#242 likes this.
  18. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Well I figure if it's 15 years old, it will at least need tires and a carb overhaul and a few other things... Plus daddy is gonna look pimp on a 2021 :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  19. No they are not

20. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Inventory is crazy and auction prices aren’t helping

took me a while to find a new. Waverunner
    Lucky me paid msrp plus tax and dealer fee but they knocked off the $900 “destination” charge .

I think it’s great for dealers, profit isn’t a 4 letter word . If you don’t buy it someone else will . Buy local , support local when you can . For too long everyone has shopped and stroked dealers trying to nickel and dime everything . The tables have turned. The sales guy selling it has to make a living and the dealership has big overhead with floor plans etc

Spooner and SuddenBraking like this.