1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp Sachsenring

Discussion in 'General' started by flyboy, Jun 27, 2016.

1. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

im thinking of heading to see the GP with the wife, kinda a last minute thing. Anyone been there? It looks like the actual town is very small. We're thinking of staying in Dresden, but having a bit of a hard time finding reliable info on transportation to the track. If anyone has info on accommodations, transport, whatever, we're all ears.

2. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

I've been there a few times.

Stay in Chemnitz (formerly Karl-Marx-Stadt). Reasonably large city, although a bit eery with lots of abandoned buildings after East Germany fell. Good restaurants and relatively cheap food. The are a few minor drawbacks to the Sachsenring. There is not much water available inside the track. They will sell you beer as cheap as bottled water, but typically run out of the water on hot days. Plan on at least 2-3 hours to get out of the parking lot after the race. Not as bad as Donington Park, but make sure you piss and have water/beer/snacks in the car.

If you have a few extra days and a car, try to get to Prague. Your wife won't enjoy the "summer outfit" scenery in Prague nearly as much as you will. :D

flyboy and Phl218 like this.
  3. Phl218

Phl218 .

buy a tent and camp on the hill. bring beer and good earplugs.

2 bigass "beer-tents" party all night, strippers, the whole shabang.

oh wait, wife... well, what racesbikes says then...

flyboy likes this.
  4. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Taking your wife to Prague in the summer = like taking sand to the beach. :D

joec and flyboy like this.
  5. Phl218

Phl218 .

well, you will only know how fine the sand really is when you stick you foot in it. and how hot it is also. so might make sense to bring some.

flyboy likes this.
  6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You are doing it wrong. :D

flyboy, I'm with Stupid and Phl218 like this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

I meant the leg-dangle one ;)

Keeping it sfw here

8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Great race to go to. In 03 I took the train from Stuttgart to Leipzig (I think) with just my back pack, a tent and bottle of whiskey. The campground there is awesome. Random engines mounted on stands just for firing up and revving the piss out of all night, old musclebikes with stacks of old tires for doing burn outs till they pop, dirt bike races through the campground all night, and of course the beer tents with dancers and shit.

The gen adm ticket was good too. You can see quite a bit from inside the omega.

Phl218 likes this.
  9. Rogue4

Rogue4 Well-Known Member

We went last year. Pretty boring race overall. T1 provided a decent view. Vendor food/beer was better than the rounds in Austin or Spain. We stayed in Dresden and I would highly recommend it. Rented a pretty nice Merc and was able to average 120mph from the race back to our hotel. It was also the cheapest 5 star I've ever seen at around $150 a night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Track side food and beer were definitely better than Jerez

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

If you're a Duc guy, the train doesn't take too long to get from Dresden to Bologna...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Phl218 likes this.
  10. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Thx for the replies. How difficult is the train from Dresden? I'll consider driving but I'd like to throw a few beers back at the race. I think they're pretty strict on drunk driving there....don't want any issues with that.

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

12. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Will do! Think we're going to do it! Btw my wife bright this up for our 5 year anniversary.....guess I'll keep her for awhile longer! Lol

Phl218 likes this.
  13. Argh. Chemnitz is still a Soviet-style wonderland. I'm not a fan of Dresden, but I'd stay there (or Leipzig) before I'd go to Chemnitz.

14. The best part of the hotels there is the breakfast entertainment - you get to watch all the cheap-ass Germans and the ultra-cheap-ass Dutch stuffing their pockets and packs from the breakfast buffet so they don't have to buy lunch at the track. The Dutch people will empty entire trays of food into their packs, so get to the breakfast early :)

Phl218 likes this.
  15. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

So true on the Dutch!! Lol Their cheapness is legendary! A Dutch chick bought me some nice shirts but was too cheap to mail them to the states....I had to wait a few months until I visited to get them....cheap!! Lol