1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Phillip Island | AUS | Oct 20 -22, 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 17, 2017.

1. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

WHAT A RACE IN MOTOGP!

What was it, a pack of 8 riders battling for the win for the majority of the race? Incredible!

Marquez puts one hand on the trophy.

The factory Yamaha boys found something in the 11th hour.

AI29 finally justifying the millions that Suzuki signed him for.

Jack Fucking Miller with a broken leg!

The KTMs.

Good lord....I'm not going to be able to sleep for a while. Roll on Sepang!

ajcjr likes this.
  2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Damn Zarco or Iannone could have showed some bowling skills today. Just swapping rubber ain’t enough

3. zjay

zjay Well-Known Member

Loved rossi's comment in parc ferme , all the riders in front were very aggressive so you need to be more stupid than them. :)

4. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Yeah, I noticed that while Rossi was being reasonably aggressive making passes I didn't see him using anyone else as a berm during the race. Those two (plus at least one pass by Marquez) seemed to be closing their eyes and hoping that everyone would make it.

5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Great race. I was thinking there was going to be a pileup with the front riders, thankfully it never happened. I thought Marquez was riding conservatively at the beginning, then said fuck it playing with these guys and checked out.

6. wac

wac Well-Known Member

93! Great race.

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Props to Zarco for leading the French GP while also leading the Australian GP. Alien status for sure. :D

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

You caught that too, huh? :D

pscook and G 97 like this.
  9. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

93 reminded me of Rossi in 2003-2004. Hanging out then checking out. Like Pedrosa in 250's, too. Conserving tire and energy, then just riding away.

Vinales looked pretty weak on corner entry, but Rossi and Zarco seemed to have it figured out. Is that a feature of the Yamaha or of Vinales?

10. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

Dammm!, that was fun....! Zarco and AI were kinda wild, would have loved to see 04 in he mix though.... And VR had an awesome ride... :beer:

I LOVE MGP!!! :clap: :bow:

11. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

Great race all around. The only thing I didn’t enjoy was the constant flip back to Dovi and missing some good passes in the lead group. Rossi’s final comment regarding Marquez’s pass during the post race PC was hilarious. He said something to the effect of he heard and felt the tire on his shoulder but wasn’t sure who would try that pass there and figured it was either Zarco, AI, or Marquez....zing!

Steeltoe, Yzasserina and dteal23 like this.
  12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Can't believe Iannone let Crashlow by.

13. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Yall should give this day to Chip lol.

Unbelievable race! Is this the best season of GP racing ever? So many different characters on multiple manufacturers battling.

BigBird likes this.
  14. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

MM didn't check out. He just took advantage of the other racers trying to kill each other.

I was really hoping they would work together to reel him back in but they chose to battle instead.

15. pkaustin

pkaustin Well-Known Member

Well, this the best racing since Dorna destroyed GP after mandating spec tires/ECU, testing restrictions, etc...:D

badmoon692008 likes this.
  16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What was the problem with the Ducatis? Did they all go medium compound when they should have run soft?

17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

From what I've read, Phillip island puts a premium on bikes that corner well, that's a weak spot for the Ducati.

18. 418

418 Expert #59

Savage.

19. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Man what a race! That was incredible...

I think (hope?) Zarco is the future of factory Yamaha. I hope he takes the seat Val leaves when he retires. That boy can ride and just shoves it in there! I love it! And wtf why didnt the factory bikes have the legs over his? Was he just getting that much better drive, or is the 2016 chassis that much better?

20. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Stoner never had an issue. ;)