1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp now pushing 300hp?

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Dec 13, 2018.

1. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Fat rear tires and air suspension coming soon!

2. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

The Superbikes can't even use all the power. I was told by a top team, that it's really only 5th and 6th gear where they are 100% all in power wise. Some tracks never see it, other tracks like Road America do.

3. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

This made me laugh out loud. I'm just glad I wasn't drinking coffee at that moment.

vizsladog likes this.
  4. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

There`s more to it than just top end. Midrange (coming out of fast corners) is better also.

When are they getting rid of the displacement difference? I think they should all have the same limit; then lets see how the Ducs do. :D

5. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Suzuki does that job for us just fine.

6. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

If they are the same CC's, NA, then why is a Duc motor put out more HP than the Inline 4?
    Don't they have springless valves? is it the V configuration? Japs engineers and the Jap riding teams don't know as much as the Ducs? They using a Nitrous shot on the straights? What?

7. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

pretty sure the honda is a V as well...

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

steeltoe heaven.png

9. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Springless valve train? The conventional valve train takes some pretty beefy springs to keep valves from floating at those high revs. THAT in itself robbs alot of the power woutput just getting the vloaves to open and close 14K times a minute.
    Suzuki maves a V, no in the 100 anymore though, wasn't it a twin?
    I'm starting to think that the springless valves may have something to do with it?

10. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

BS. When any vehicle approaches 200MPH the power needed to go faster goes up exponentially. Look into some land speed bikes. Now, coming out of a 50 mph corner is a different story.

Pixelator, TurboBlew and JJJerry like this.
  11. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

So what's the edit button, 10 seconds on this forum?

Supposed to read Suzy made the 1000 in a V of sorts- a twin, but you all knew that.
    That SV still rock'n? Sorry about the typos above too

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Resistance builds and then the bike begins to spin and the electronics pull power. Not sure why this concept is so complicated when teams have been open about it lol.

13. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

if budgets and man-hours were unlimited, u could probably expect all the bikes to have the same HP at some theoretical limit. but they aren't. Duc has classically invested more effort into their engine than the other manufactures. HRC is prob 2nd. id actually put Suz 3rd right now with Yam in 4th. so Duc is faster and has more useable power every year.

I guess its possible that their Desmo valve system uses less power to rotate than the pneumatic valves in all the other engines. u trade more mass for no spring pressure, which might be a positive trade. but imagine bolting a Desmo system onto the M1. I doubt it would instantly become a rocket like the Duc because of all the other development Yamaha hasn't done.

14. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I thought the Honda's used a pneumatic, Springless valve train?

vizsladog likes this.
  15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

oh, that explains it... How do you think they get bikes to go 300 MPH on salt? HP and aero... just like Ducati uses in GP.

16. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

There's a displacement difference in MotoGP?, well you learn something everyday.

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Ok.

18. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

its still a spring, just a pneumatic one

19. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

There isn't... not sure if you're being sarcastic or serious... all bikes are limited to 1000cc's... and as far as I know the only two configurations are inline 4's or V-4's

20. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

I think he was confusing SBK with GP..Panigale is 1199 bc it’s a twin etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk