1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp crapenings.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Apr 20, 2020.

1. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Love Colin. Was he also calling Jorge a Mexican that weekend and riling him up?

At least we have Crutchlow and Miller to continue with the shit talking and not giving a fuck.

Soon only Jack will carry the mantle. Hope that dude does some serious winning so he can talk some serious shit.

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

So were there any actual trades/transfers or is this all for the '21 season?

3. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

ShadowBoxer, SGVRider and G 97 like this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Ahhhhh, really, I'm thinking that Ducati should cut bait with him sooner rather then later. I just think his expiration date is coming up soon and before you know it, he's going to be half full carton of stinky cottage cheese.

SGVRider and G 97 like this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Seems @$3M is spot on. Defiantly overpaid @ $8M IMO. $4M would be tops if I were Ducati.
    As always, it’s going to be driven more by the over all availability of other riders etc.
    So who knows. :D Back to square one. LOL
    But for sure it seems like Ducati has burned through a lot of riders in a relatively short period of time.

6. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Know what this reads as? A faction at Ducati don’t believe in him and would like to send him packing. The pandemic and attendant financial effects gave them cover to gain some say over Dovi’s pay package and make a lowball offer. The existence of any offer is a sop to the pro-Dovi faction. The offer is a poison pill, they want him to fuck off and not take the deal.

You have a way with using the nastiest possible metaphors. I agree though, Dovi is just about past his sell by date. Ducati doesn’t really have anyone who can do as well though. Dovi’s stock is down for other reasons too. Even if Marc throws away the championship, Vinales or Qboy are just as likely to take it as Dovi.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What has bugged me most about Motogp and the recycling of the same old riders (which finally seems to be coming up on EOL) is that Rea never got the call. Suzuki could have really used Raper face and I think he'd have gone well for them for a year or two but they seem to be smart in bringing in young dudes and letting them work into race winners and (hopefully) Championship winners. Yamaha is shuffling off Rossi to retirement in a respectful way but bringing up younger riders. Honda has Marc and just need a fast rider to finish with enough points so they get the manufacturers championship. Aprilia is full up with lunatics who think, well, who the f@ck knows what they think. I still expect KTM to be a force but need to tame that pig.
    Ducati has 4 ACES on deck, one card that needs to be turned over (and an old maid card who gives them cash).

There's a new day coming fast in Motogp. Hail the new dawn.

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  8. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

Dovi was #2 in the championship 2017, 2018 & 2019. Doesn't that say that he's the best of the rest in recent history? Quite a few of the DNFs he's had were no fault of his own. Seems to me he's worth at least some of the cash he's asking for.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Depends how much the others are making.

10. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

^^ I think that is also one of the bigger issues IMHO

Dovi is the "best of the rest" in recent history but it becoming obvious he is isn't going to clear the hurdle to the "best period". Ducati need someone who is that guy, the guy who can get on equal footing with Marc (which at the moment seems to be nobody but that is another issue) - but to me, Dovi should be kept on as Dani 2.0. The guy who can win races, not the guy you are counting on to win championships. Your 2nd rider (and I am actually a pretty big fan of Pedrosa).

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

You guys are on crack. Dovi is the only one besides MM consistently at the pointy end for the past several years. He's worth every penny Ducati paid him last year. I know people get tired of 2nd place every year, but what's the alternative? The guy is a well-oiled machine that consistently performs.

I don't know what's with all the hangers-on in both MotoGP and WSBK. Bradley Smith back on a bike this year? WITAF?? That guy needs to be on an e-bike forever.

I'm betting that after Rossi is gone, the shelf life of a MotoGP rider will be more like 2-3 years, unless they're on the podium every weekend.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

$8 Million a year? Just don't see him being worth it anymore. $4 Million, pushing it but I'd keep him for that. $5 Million I'd let him go.

Ain't getting Marc with the rumored $20 Million he's getting from Honder. :crackup:

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You wouldn't pay him $100K.

motoracer1100 and G 97 like this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Not without a lot of rolling around on the floor in a temper tantrum and holding ma' breath.

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Possibly but not at $8Mil. I’m a buyer @$3Mil or I’m moving on.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Man I can remember when both Checa and Capirossi stayed on until their mid 50s. :D

MachineR1 likes this.
  17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I had to check.

They're both 47.......

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Capirossi was still fast enough to stay out of the retirement home until 2006 and then, he should have . . . eh, he sold some suzukis and team underwear's pay rate would make even me call them cheap f@cks.

Charlie Chucker? He won the WSBK championship at age 57. :D

G 97 likes this.
  19. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

I hope KTM pays him $10m to get P2 in the championship next year. ;)

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No room at the inn for Mary and baby Jesus.