1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Assen | Netherlands | June 23-25, 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

"Stronzo"

wsmc 589 likes this.
  2. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

What's his best alternative if the Yamaha seats are taken?

I HIGHLY doubt that Repsol Honda would sign him and rock the boat with MM. Plus, MM likely has a clause in his contract to veto a potential teammate.

So no Yamaha, no Honda, and Ducati doesn't seem to be working. What would his other alternative be?

3. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

I thought Lorenzo signed 2 years

4. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

You are probably correct. I was just laughing at your user name paired with that statement...as in "The Great One has spoken" and it is now decided. :D

The Great One likes this.
  5. helitech

helitech Well-Known Member

Yes. Covering 2017 and 2018 seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

I like that.:D

Suzuki seems to be very similar to Yamaha ,riding-wise.

The Great One likes this.
  7. helitech

Past races for this season? I don't see that at all. He even led the championship in points for a while. He crashed out of 2nd trying to get position back from mav, and he had a worse than nominal finish in misano.

Aside from that it's the normal "I don't like the tire" banter across the entire paddock. Rossi has always been known to complain about set up and tires for Friday and Saturday, then still be on the rostrum on Sunday.

8. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Petrucci was shaking his head at the end of it, didn't look very friendly to me.

9. helitech

Can't find a clip of it and didn't catch it during the post race garble. Rin should've just kept off the race line after Rossi passed him... that's racing though. Sucks to be petrux, but good to see the Goat back on top of the podium.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap but lately riders and team have been adding in ways to get out early.

If he doesn't want to be there he can get out. All it takes is money.

11. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

My wild prediction... Pedrosa retires, Lorenzo gets fired and goes to Repsol and he and Marc continue to Pole-putt for each other

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Honda won't pay him anything close to what he THINKS he is worth. They are pretty tight with what they (are rumored to) pay.

Honder doesn't need him and I'd bet sour puss would be more of a distraction than he is worth.

My prediction? Rossi wins the championship this year, retires, gets his motogp team and raperface goes to ride for him after being forced to kiss the ring of the GOAT. :D

fixerflyer likes this.
  13. helitech

JLo retires if this is his only ride hahahah! Suzuki or Aprilia look like his only landing spots if Ducati doesn't offer him anything past 2018, which is highly unlikely given that petrucci wants a factory ride and Chaz Davies wants to make the switch from WSBK. Raperface couldn't wait to leave Yamaha... Hindsight is a mofo.

14. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Would love to see Chaz in MotoGP

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

It's only going to get more challenging for JL considering that Dovi is leading the championship and with Petrucci and the other satellite bikes running well. I don't see Ducati willing to make to many changes on the bike to better fit JL at the expense of the other riders, who have seemingly adapted quite well with the Duc and the Mich tires. I'm afraid it's going to be a very long year for JL.

16. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Agreed, would love to see Chaz on a PROPER GP bike.

I think Rossi already opened a slight gap to Petrucci, and given he rolled off close to the line, there was no way Petrucci was beating him even if Rins wasn't there.

17. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Man, what a race.

We are seriously getting spoiled with the championship being this close heading to Germany.........I'd bet interested to know when is the last time the 4 top positions were separated by 11 points or less at this point of the season.

Glad we only have to wait a week to get back to the action, but Marquez has won this round every year since 2010. Once in 125cc, twice in Moto2, and the last 4 years in MotoGP. :eek:

helitech likes this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, the rumors or whatever you want to call them was a chance at Pramac on whatever bike they get next year. GP17, a GP16, a lab bike, whatever Ducati was to give him.

19. sill'r B sill'd

sill'r B sill'd throttle therapy

BigBird likes this.
  20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I can't believe he doesn't want to stay in WSBK on the new V4 and take it to Rea.