1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Assen | Netherlands | June 23-25, 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 19, 2017.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It was surely related to Rins holding up Petrucci on the last lap.

2. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Yeah. I know but it should have been the other way around!

cpettit and Hawk518 like this.
  3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I just got home from camp and haven't watched the race yet. I t sounds like I've got something to look forward to tonite. :)

I'm not one of these guy's that get's all tweaked out if they haven't seen it and find out who won. :crackup:

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

It looked like Petrucci nudged Rins pretty hard going past him. It was on the edge of the screen but it looked like Rins changed direction pretty quickly.

5. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I guess no flag was shown to Rins, but I still side with Pretucci, guy was fighting for the win. After Rins got lapped by one rider he should have been paying more attention for other riders coming.

As far as Pedrosa goes, if he is too light to generate heat into the tires, wouldnt adding some ballast to his bike help any? I know would make other things harder, but he seems to suffer way too much by not getting heat.

BigBird likes this.
  6. wsmc 589

If there was no flag... he still had Rossi come by him and should have known the leaders would be coming up soon.

Pratucci didn't punt him into the gravel. It looked like a hard pass but since he was fighting for the lead.... I think well deserved.

I thought the punch to the ribs on the cool down lap was completely uncalled for.

flyboy, BigBird and rafa like this.
  7. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Good season, so far.
    Congrats to 46 and their fan base. Now, let's keep civil when he is not first to the line.

Let us hope for a great and safe show through end of season.

cajun636 and turbulence like this.
  8. pkaustin

pkaustin Well-Known Member

Bugs the shit out of me when the cameras cut away from a monster finish line wheelie to show the crew hanging from the fence or the crowd jumping up and down.

badmoon692008 and wsmc 589 like this.
  9. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

During the ultimate lap, Rossi passed Rins.
    Rins then got back on the racing line, where Petrux then punted Rins off the line.

This, in my opinion was a track fuck up, as riders being passed should have been shown the blue flag and gotten out of the way.

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  10. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

"He is God on a motorcycle, we, as humans are not worthy to live in the same times as He"

Book of racing, Psalm 46... (bwahahaha!)

BigBird and turbulence like this.
  11. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

100% agree with you.

Just saw this on instagram and had to share, I was LOL at JLo picture.

Attached Files:

12. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Okay, that picture is just awesome. Well done, whoever made that.

13. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I was thinking the same thing during the race. Best I can come up with from the comfort of my couch is that the ballast would be a static weight, which wouldn't help as much as having a larger weight moving around on the top of the bike all the time helping with weight distribution and combined center of gravity and such. If he could wear a 40 pound weighted vest it might help more. But that just seems silly.

14. wsmc 589

Oh damn hahaha!!!!

Vale's performance today reminded me of that Toby Keith song...

"I ain't as good as I was once...
    But I'm as good once as I ever was...."

OldSchlPunk and Rogue4 like this.
  15. wsmc 589

Yes. I saw the race.

I was commenting on Rins being pissed. Seems to be it should be the other way around.

16. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I don't think it's possible for someone who is fighting for a win to pass a lapped rider too hard, in my opinion. If you're getting lapped I don't care if you get kicked in the face. I'm not saying Rins did anything wrong on track, but he has zero reason to be punching anyone for getting lapped besides for himself.

cajun636, flyboy, BigBird and 6 others like this.
  17. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

I thought it was more of a good job punch not a malicious one.

18. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Happy to see nakagami credited with 3rd

19. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

That's what I thought too

20. wsmc 589

Nah. The Italian hand signal of Patrucci was a WTF!?

Lived there for a while. I know it well lol....

Phl218 likes this.